Tank look-a-like

1. I love the tank design but sadly my wallet cant afford it, what do you guys think of this fossil, i don't want it to be identical so people will confuse the two just have an inspired look, if that makes any sense
    [​IMG]

2. here is the tank (not sure if its real or not) i would get to compare btw the fossil is around Au $160 (and i am a guy)
    [​IMG]

3. I don't think they really look alike at all, other than the square shape....
    If you like it, rock it!!

4. I really like the gray face of the fossil.

5. You know, I only fell in love watches & other luxury goods about a year ago... prior to that I thought spending over $200 on a watch was ridiculous.

I worked retail for 2 companies that carried Fossil watches & I thought they all looked great... I had no clue about whether or not they were "inspired."
    Fossil watches had a nice weight & seemed to be able to take a beating. They're water resistant (most were)....and I say...

If you like the Fossil watch and are happy owning a Fossil watch, get it!

If you are going to look at it & mentally sigh to yourself I wish I had a Tank, perhaps it would be best to save up...

Also, check out the Salescorner/TZ Showcase on the timezone forum, perhaps you could find a LNIB w/papers to your liking... :yes:

6. I obviously have to try it on so i can see how it looks on my wrist, fossil seem to be good quality (I've never had one to know) generally i like better quality and brand names but after all my expenses i cant afford much more than $200 on a watch (esp. when i have 2 others) but none are really night watches that are cheap enough to throw around. anyway as i said i want it to hint toward a tank not be identical. and yes i would prefer a tank but it will be years before i can afford it and i don't think i could just drop that much on one thing (plus I'm saving for an apartment)

7. I think the Fossil watch is fine! Lots of watchmakers have the tank-style watch, it's not exclusive to Cartier. The rectangular, simple face is pretty classic and I wouldn't automatically assume it was a knockoff.

8. Coach makes a watch that looks a little like the cartier, it may be more than you want to spend though, I think around $400 US.