Tan/nutmeg/gazelle/cognac/whiskey Paddy: Thanks For Giving Me Precision

:heart: your taupe hmwe!!! It really is a gorgeous color, very versatile!!! :drool::love::flowers:
Ooo! Don't discount taupe :nuts:

Here is my lovely tote:

grenat026.jpg

It's perfect for every outfit, a great neutral color, but still rich and gorgeous.

The original Chloe campaign ad bag you posted was tan, not whiskey. Celebs pics with Mischa Barton, Kate Bosworth, Nicole Ritchie etc are tan bags too, but they are often mis-ID'd as whiskey. :flowers:

I just sold my tan paddy because I picked up a muscade hobo, but I'm starting to have regrets that the muscade isn't 'adventurous' enough. :confused1:
It's weird because I can tell in those celeb pics that it is indeed tan, however in this particular ad, it does not look tan to me... The color looks too "pumpkin." I heard this add came out in 05 so you're probably right... However I heard some gals here bought their whiskey paddys in Dec 05. It's possible it's just the lighting/image editing done on this pic to make tan look different.... I used image correction in photoshop to get rid of the “red” tint and it looks so much like whiskey to me... :shrugs:

Attachments

• chloe-ad.jpg
    chloe-ad.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 49
Thanks again, I will go to the shop to try to find and see whiskey, tan and muscade.

But I will keep my mousse till I find my dream's hot color, it's beautifull too, and at this price it's a real bargain, don't you think so ?

I don't think there was ever a cognac Paddington, but my favorite python Silverado ever was that color. It is much less orange than whiskey. I think it most closely resembles the new Paddy color, muscade (nutmeg).

Thanks again, I will go to the shop to try to find and see whiskey, tan and muscade.

But I will keep my mousse till I find my dream's hot color, it's beautifull too, and at this price it's a real bargain, don't you think so ?

Yes - a real bargain! Congrats!
Worth keeping just to say you got it for a steal!:graucho: :wlae:

It's weird because I can tell in those celeb pics that it is indeed tan, however in this particular ad, it does not look tan to me... The color looks too "pumpkin." I heard this add came out in 05 so you're probably right... However I heard some gals here bought their whiskey paddys in Dec 05. It's possible it's just the lighting/image editing done on this pic to make tan look different.... I used image correction in photoshop to get rid of the “red” tint and it looks so much like whiskey to me... :shrugs:

You know it looks like the ad has an antiqued, sepia-tone wash on it - everything is browner/deeper than it should be so that could be why? :idea: For some reason I can't even remember a whiskey paddy ad - perhaps since Chloe was hyping the whiskey Edith at the time.:confused1: Taupe is awesome too, I agree!

Here's a couple of side-by-side pics of whiskey & tan w/strap (sent both back!) and muscade & tan. Flash is distorting everything horribly though. gaufrettebis I'd sure love to window shop in Paris with you! And yes, if you can afford it, I'd say the deal on the dove/mousse is too great to let go!

You know it looks like the ad has an antiqued, sepia-tone wash on it - everything is browner/deeper than it should be so that could be why? :idea: For some reason I can't even remember a whiskey paddy ad - perhaps since Chloe was hyping the whiskey Edith at the time.:confused1: Taupe is awesome too, I agree!

Here's a couple of side-by-side pics of whiskey & tan w/strap (sent both back!) and muscade & tan. Flash is distorting everything horribly though. gaufrettebis I'd sure love to window shop in Paris with you! And yes, if you can afford it, I'd say the deal on the dove/mousse is too great to let go!
That's probably what it is. :yes: I checked the website where I found the tan ad and I don't see one for whiskey... I'll search some more and post if I find anything. :flowers:

BTW, Great comparison pics!! :heart: Those are some gorgeous paddys!! Do you like the hobo style better than the satchel??

gaufrettebis I would say keep the Dove/Mousse if you love it. It's a great deal definitely but make sure that's not the only reason you are keeping it! Even 50% off that's a lot of money. Personally, I think the color is beautiful. Love that silver hardware and creamy stitching! :love:

^^ Yeah, whiskey is so vibrant but I couldn't get its reddish/orangey tones to work with my browns. (and the flash is making the lock look like one of those cheapo blingy fakes!) Tan is wonderful - I was totally not expecting it as NM pictured a whiskey shoulder strap paddy but sent tan. Fell so hard I ordered a regular tan satchel from LVR! I think muscade is a great neutral and for me it can switch between blacks and browns better than whiskey... great if I'm on a trip and don't want to take too many bags (yeah, like THAT is gonna happen! LOL)

Audrey - as for satchel vs shoulder/hobo bag, well the latter is definitely easier to shoulder and is so much roomier. I also like the flat shoulder strap - IMO stays on better than the rounded handles. And I appreciate that the lock is truly an accessory - no lock loop/plate that's crying for a lock and falling through the cracks. I'm burnt out on the whole padlock-thang but still love Chloe leather so I plan to leave the lock/key off the hobo (saves .4 pounds!) and with just the rings dangling it almost has a Betty vibe! I LOVE the satchel, but I fear I'll regret its IT status a few years down the road (cuz I'm OLD!! LOL).

^^ Yeah, whiskey is so vibrant but I couldn't get its reddish/orangey tones to work with my browns. (and the flash is making the lock look like one of those cheapo blingy fakes!) Tan is wonderful - I was totally not expecting it as NM pictured a whiskey shoulder strap paddy but sent tan. Fell so hard I ordered a regular tan satchel from LVR! I think muscade is a great neutral and for me it can switch between blacks and browns better than whiskey... great if I'm on a trip and don't want to take too many bags (yeah, like THAT is gonna happen! LOL)

Audrey - as for satchel vs shoulder/hobo bag, well the latter is definitely easier to shoulder and is so much roomier. I also like the flat shoulder strap - IMO stays on better than the rounded handles. And I appreciate that the lock is truly an accessory - no lock loop/plate that's crying for a lock and falling through the cracks. I'm burnt out on the whole padlock-thang but still love Chloe leather so I plan to leave the lock/key off the hobo (saves .4 pounds!) and with just the rings dangling it almost has a Betty vibe! I LOVE the satchel, but I fear I'll regret its IT status a few years down the road (cuz I'm OLD!! LOL).
Thanks so much for the input!! :flowers: I agree, Chloe leather is amazing. :yes: That's why I can't get enough of these bags!! :shame: I'm expecting hobo soon and I'm really excited about it. Should be a great change from all my satchels! :heart: