Tall Girl / Short Guy?

1. Any of you ladies taller than your SO?

I'm a tiny bit taller than my boyfriend. He's around 5'8 and I'm just under 5'9.

Sometimes it looks a little odd to me, but Tom Cruise and his lady friends have always managed to look pretty good IMO... what do you all think?

I haven't worn anything but flats since I've been with my boyfriend, trying to minimize the height difference, I guess. But, dammit, I like heels! He doesn't mind my being taller, so I think I'm going to start embracing my height a little more! :roflmfao:
  2. DH is about 2 1/2 inches taller than me. I'm around 5'6''. It's a toughie wearing high heels and like you EmilyK, I've only been wearing flats or kitten heeled shoes. I do wear high heels when the occassion calls for it but not as often as I like to hehehehe
  3. Do you not wear heels because you don't want to tower over him? How does he feel about it?

It's kinda sexy and unusual to see a woman taller than her partner. Or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy some new high heels. :push: :yahoo:
  4. I'm just a tad shorter than DH but if I even wear kitten heels i'm taller. He hates it, I could care less.

I think its perfectly fine in all honesty...I have a celeb crush on a boy who is only 5'4...I'd still hit it.:roflmfao:
  5. I think is cute! LOL! I am super short, so the guys are always taller than me.
  6. my BF is exactly my height, when I wear heels he just has to suck it up, LOL
  7. [​IMG]

8. When we were dating, I'd wear high heels all the time. It doesn't bother him. I just ddn't want to tower over him. Plus now that I'm a mom, I'm afraid of tripping while holding my daughter.
  9. Good call! :roflmfao: Hehe
  10. I would probably never date someone shorter than I am....I'm already short, so it would be pretty awkward to have to look down on someone.
  11. Hey a crush is a crush. LOL

all my BFs have been at least 6' ft tall. I'm only 5'2''. The tallest guy i've dated was 7 feet tall:wtf: Since i'm so used to the height, i guess i prefer a taller man :nuts: I couldn't date anyone shorter than me though definitely.
  12. I'm 5 ft 8 in and my SO is 5 ft 3 in. So in our case, the height difference is quite prominent. I don't wear heels because I don't like heels, the funny thing is he likes women who wear heels. So on the rare occasions that I do ... well, you get the picture.

Height had been a factor for me when I was very very young, but when I finally started dating, I realize that the height difference didn't bother me at all. So I think it really depends on the person ...
  13. I'm 6'2 and all my past boyfriends have been around the 6 foot height. I'm a bit gawky about my height so couldn't date someone much shorter than 6 foot, personally I'd feel too awkward :shame:
  14. My dh and I do not have this problem at all, he is 6'4'' and I am only 5'5''!! Heels for me baby!!!
  15. My boyfriend is about 2 inches shorter than me. When he wears his shoes and I wear mine (flats) he is about an inch shorter than me.
    I've always been the girl that would never date a guy shorter than me, but I've grown used to it.