Talk to you all after Ernesto

1. I know some of the Florida ladies have been talking about preparing for Ernesto, well I just got back to Ft Lauderdale this morning and am ready for the storm.

Unfortunately for us, our house is under major renovation- and part of the renovation is the roof. So we don't have a stable roof in many places of our house right now. I have been helping my mom since I got home to move the furniture and cover everything in plastic. With every little rainstorm the past few months our house has leaked (even where the ceiling is falling apart above me right now!) So while the storm will not be awful, the rain will really be a problem for our house. Hopefully it will not be the 10-15" that are expected...

So to all of you Florida and Carribean people- I hope you all make it through the storm ok!! Check in with us after it passes.

I have to unplug the computer and move it out of this room, but I will have Vlad update you!!

Keep the forum running smooth while I'm 'gone' :wlae:

P.S. Go away Ernesto!!!! :rant:

2. good luck megs! i have family in ft. lauderdale and y'all will all be in my thoughts!

3. Crap Megs! I'm sorry! Best of luck to you guys, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

4. Good luck to you and your family Megs..We will all be thinking of you....:heart:

5. Aw thanks everyone!! It is just the rain we are worried about... we might be in a boat in our house... :amuse:

6. I'm so sorry, I hope everyone will stay safe

7. Stay safe, Megs! :heart: We're battening down the hatches here, too.

8. Oh MY! Stay safe! :flowers:

9. My mom & dad are down there too - so I really, really hope its no big deal. Stay dry & safe.

10. ok so shutters are up and everything's on lock down :sad: please everyone cross your fingies and toes so we all dont lose power down here! stay safe florida girls!!

11. Rebecca where are you in FL?

Our shutters aren't up because of the renovation...!!!

12. Rebecca, I am in the same boat as you! Our shutters our up and our generator is ready to go in case the power goes out. Last year, after Wilma, we were out of power for 13 days! Ugh, it was terrible. This year we are a lot smarter!

I'm in Miami, btw (in Coral Gables). Where are you?

13. Good luck to you and your family, Megs!

14. Stay safe and good luck Megs, you're in my thoughts-

15. good luck.. my prayers are with you and your house.. hopefully everything will be alright and it will soon be over.

*hugs*