TALES OF WOE--Falling off platforms...

1. I'm sure you have all seen the photos on the web of models falling on the runway at the Paris shows this week. Though platforms are very cool and make you feel so tall, they can sometimes be pretty difficult to walk in! I myself have had a similar spill in my platforms, toppling over on the sidewalk in front of my office while talking to my clients! Tres embarassement!

I'm always ready to suffer for fashion but--

These are the culprits--:sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:
  2. Oh...the horror!!! But, in response to your question.....sometimes you have to suffer, maybe even have an occasional spill....to wear such lovely shoes!!! They are only too high...if you literally cannot walk in them!!
  3. [​IMG]
    I am still breaking in these MICHAEL Michael Kors pumps. That's a 4 1/2" heel, baby, balanced off somewhat with a 3/4" platform up front.

Still, I walk gingerly in these. Slowly. I've had a wobble or two but hopefully no major spills (crossing fingers)...:wlae:
  4. I wore them for years, but won't anymore since turning my foot completely upside down in them and dislocating my kneecap. :wtf:
  5. I think most of us have had this kind of experience...I stumbled once off my realy high platforms (I think 5" or something like that). But it was years ago, I was 15, so no harm done!!!:lol:
  6. Ouch!Sory to hear that!
  7. I find the opposite to be more true. I completely destroyed my knee falling onto a busy street in broad daylight wearing flats. I then did it again a month later....
  8. :confused1:
  9. I agree. For some reason I just cannot walk in flats. Must be the way my body is balanced or something. Now platforms - I must say they have never given me too much trouble and I do love the way they make my heels higher - always a good thing since I'm a bit of a shortie.

10. I agree, friends are always amazed how often and how long I can wear really high heels. It must be something in the way my foot is shaped, but they are more comfortable and flats are not. :shrugs: I especially HATE tennis shoes, my feet feel like they are in bondage!
  11. OMG!!! That sounds sooo painful!:sad:

12. Luckily, I'm OK now! :flowers:
  13. I've gotten pretty good walking in platforms. Here's one of my favorite pair with me on the stairs - sometimes stairs can be a killer in platforms but here I;m doing npretty good - I think.

Andreas plats.JPG
  14. Holy smokes, I don't know how you pull that off! :p
  15. [​IMG]

I wore these out to dinner tonight to break them in -- went somewhere that I knew we could park close and there wouldn't be a lot of standing/walking -- but I was pretty wobbly on a 4" heel after two pomegranate margueritas:tispy: