Taking the balls out of towballs

1. I have now heard it all...offensive decorated towballs

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23060833-5013016,00.html

January 16, 2008 10:30am

IT'S one thing to dangle fuzzy dice from a rear view mirror, but decorating a trailer hitch with a large pair of rubber testicles might be a bit much in Virginia.

State delegate Lionel Spruill introduced a bill Tuesday to ban displaying replicas of human genitalia on vehicles, calling it a safety issue because it could distract other drivers.

Under his measure, displaying the ornamentation on a motor vehicle would be a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum fine of $US250 ($283).

He said the idea came from a constituent whose young daughter spotted an example of the trail hitch adornment and asked her father to explain it.

"'I didn't know what to tell her,"' Spruill said the constituent told him before Spruill vowed to stop such displays.

"I said, 'Sir, I'm going to be a laughingstock, but I'm going to do it,"' he said.

The Virginia General Assembly has some experience with offbeat bills. Three years ago, it drew widespread attention with an unsuccessful effort to outlaw baggy pants worn so low they expose underwear.

Spruill, 61, said the indignity of the "droopy drawers" debate wouldn't deter him. He said he won't hesitate to bring a set of $24.95 trailer testicles with him for a legislative show-and-tell.

"I'm going to do it," Spruill told a handful of reporters after Tuesday's House session adjourned. "I'm going to bring them out here and show them to you till they tell me to stop."

2. I saw a truck with a pair of those not too long ago. So gross and tacky.

3. Ugh.

I used to get stopped because my trailer ball blocked part of my liscsence plate, so I removed it. This is beyond gross.

What are people thinking when they allow this kind of sh** on their vehicles? KIDS see this stuff.

Extremely immature of the owner of the car/truck to have to use bathroom humor.

4. ^^I agree Speedy...as I said in my original post "offensive decorated towballs". I honestly don't know why someone would think to manufacture them in the first place, I wouldn't have thought there really was a market for that sort of rubbish.

5. Probably made by the same folks who create and manufacture blow up dolls and rubber genitalia. Only this time they made them to fit trailer balls.

DISGUSTING!

6. Oh good grief - why on earth would anyone want to display them on their vehicles in the first place.

7. Class act...NOT!

Do people not think of who will see these things, like CHILDREN for crying out loud? Pathetic....

8. I saw one of these a couple of weeks ago. My DH had to tell me what it was cause I could not believe it. whats next? a vagina rear view mirror?

9. I have seen these on trucks down here. I think it's really tacky! and actually it IS distracting, because I find myself looking at these damn things swinging back and forth!

10. :roflmfao:

I actually saw one of those hanging off a huge pickup truck in my town. They were blue. :rolleyes: Anyhow, I must admit I started to laugh, but mostly because after seeing them online I just couldn't believe I was seeing them in person. But then I thought about the area that I live in, and then I could believe I was seeing them.

11. Klassy! I would guestimate these people grew up inn double wides? Gives new meaning to Wip It Out.

12. :upsidedown:
    OMG, I wasn't sure what this thread was going to be about......then as I'm reading it all I have is a visual of seeing those things, towballs I now know they're called (totally cracking up) on the back of some raised truck swaying back and forth, back and forth.....

I can agree, not only are they distasteful but they ARE distracting.:lol:

13. i see those occasionally around here...we're a little liberal college town in the middle of the rural deep south, so you see some odd things sometimes. i think they're absolutely obscene and disgusting, and if we can't show testicles on prime time tv, then i don't know why it's legal to display them on the outside of your car for the world to see. and i'm normally very liberal about things like this.

14. You know, I have a spicy sense of humor as much as the next person, but the idea of that is disgusting.

15. And just out of curiosity, I looked to see what they would look like.

For the record, I'm glad that a portion of the price would go to research for testicular cancer. But there's got to be a less crude way to do it.

(We don't support breast cancer by hanging rubber boobs on our cars, do we?)