Swift or Veau Miroir?

1. I found a business/credit card holder style that I like. It's the basic fold over style with slots on either side, like this - http://cgi.ebay.com/Hermes-Card-Holder-Wallet-NIB-Perfect_W0QQitemZ290132271047QQihZ019QQcategoryZ2996QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My local Hermes has one in violet, swift leather, and the SA who helped me out also ordered one for me in cyclamen, veau miroir leather. I really liked the swift, but I wanted an up-close look a the one in veau miroir, since cyclamen is my first color choice.

For a small accessory like this, which would be the better leather? I looked at the leather book thread in the reference section, and saw that veau miroir is sort of like a glossed box calf?

Anyone have experience with small accessories in either leather? Any advantages/disadvantages, etc. would be helpful :smile:
  2. I have a key wallet in the Veau Miroir. I love it. It is glossy as Box but much softer. Box leather is stiffer than Miroir. I believe Swift has a slight grain to it that Miroir doesn't have. My piece is still quite new so it has softened a bit but has no wear to report. I haven't wet it so can't tell you about that. I hope this helps a bit.
  3. Just my 2 cents...I love swift.
  4. Thanks, gazoo. She did show me another piece in black box, and I noticed that it is a stiff leather. I was concerned about the piece being my in bag and possibly getting scuffed. I liked the slight grain of swift - I'm wondering which leather will show off the color better, too.
  5. I've never seen veau miroir so I can't comment. I do love swift and the colors pop up nicely!!!
  6. Here is my Key wallet in Miroir Rouge Vif:
  7. ^ Lovely, gazoo! Rouge vif is such a fun color.

This is going to be a tough decision! I really like both colors, violet and cyclamen, but I'll have to see which color looks better in each leather. I'm leaning toward violet in swift, but that's probably because I haven't seen the cyclamen in miroir yet. It should arrive on Tuesday, so I can see both side by side and compare :nuts:
  8. violet sounds wonderful in either leather
  9. Beautiful leather.