Swift or Evergrain: which is better...

1. suited for everyday wear? My SA and I can't seem to agree... So I'm now tossing the question the TPF experts. TIA!

2. Wonderful question and one I've been wondering about myself.........

3. Yes, I'd like to know aswell: I'm a bit dissapointed with Swift, but I don't know Evergrain at all....

4. Good question. I'd love to know too.

5. I have an ebene evergraine 30cm birkin and I have to say it is an incredibly beautiful leather. My other birkins and kelly are all togos, and I say the evergraine is a lot lighter than the togo. The handfeel is fantastic! It is soft but firm, and the bag doesn't slouch and doesn't batwing. I've not scratched the bag but one time I noticed a minor scruff on a corner and I rubbed on it, and it disappeared.

I was offered a few swift birkins at the mothership but I passed on them when I got to touch and feel them because I felt that they were a little too soft for me. The grain looks thinner, so I'm not sure if scruffs or scratches can be rubbed off or not.

6. Hello, h_l

I love swift.....from close up pics, I felt I would so I took a chance and when my bag arrived I felt faint....it was so beautiful. Have used it now and still feel the same. No scratches....and the hand is sensuous and soft but firm.

That said, I'm a lover of soft skins....

7. I love swift too. It is soft but in a nice way, it feels so silky and sensual, like soft butter... hmmmm. Scruffs are easily rubbed off

8. hi duna! would you mind sharing why you are disappointed with swift? is it the slouch factor or is it not hardy? thanks! :idea:

9. Pigleto, I think it's mostly the slouchiness, although I like slouchy bags (I have 2 Birkins in Clemence) but Swift is just too much for me... I think it would be better if it was lined in Chevre, like most other Birkins, rather than Swift, it would be just a tad less slouchy. Also I'm a bit dissapointed in the particular hue of brown that Swift comes in. It's Havanne, and has a slight reddish undertone in certain lights, that I'm not too fond of...Finally, although I love the feel and the smell of Swift, I find it looks a bit "spongy"....

This is why I'm interested in finding out about Evergrain, b/c I prefer smooth leathers to textured, but besides Box, which is my all time favourite, I would like a leather visually similar to Box, but softer.....

10. Love my evergrain birkin...scratches do rub off...but front corner wear is definitely an issue...

11. I personally prefer swift due to its buttery softness. I had the chance to compare it to an evergrain when I was considering a small jpg kelly in that leather.

Evergrain feels a little less sturdy for me (leather feels thinner vs. swift) so it is perfect for the small jpg kelly. Am not sure I would get an evergrain birkin since i think it feels more "delicate" to me. But would consider it in a regular sized kelly.

Hope this helps!