Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later...

1. I was reading my Entertainment Weekly magazine and the reviewer spoiled parts of the book!!!! :noggin:

Needless to say but the review was mixed...
  2. I'm halfway through. Cheesy so far but nice to read the characters I loved so much in junior high and high school again.
  3. Just finished it...it was okay, kind of underwhelming. Didn't suck me in like the old Sweet Valley High books used to.
  4. ^^^
    Agreed. There was way too much whining back and forth for 75% of the book.
  5. I downloaded the sample for my Kindle. I was quite excited about it as I loved the Sweet Valley Twins books when I was younger.

I was quite underwhelmed with the section that I read. I'll keep it on my radar in the event that it becomes a free book to download, but at this stage I don't think I'll be buying the book.
  6. just finished reading it and while it's definitely cheesy and quite "rushed" it was like a trip down memory lane for me. so it's all good :yes:
  7. Omg I'm so happy I found this here! Hahaha! I read Sweet Valley growing up. From Sweet Valley Kids to Twins to High and University. I even watched the series (which was kinda not so good..) I'm so gna read this one! :smile:
  8. Just read this one. I admit the Sweet Valley High books were a guilty pleasure but this book was awful ... even for a beach read.
    It didn't seem 'true' to the original characters and the flashbacks written in present tense were painful to read. Oh and there were a lot of ambiguous pronouns used, so sometimes it took me a paragraph or two to figure out who the narrarator was supposed to be.
  9. I think it's just been so long that Francine Pascal herself forgot a lot of the details (and it's not as if she could've re-read her entire series to refresh herself!). I haven't read the book yet, but I've read an indepth review, and it seems the author contradicts things she's written in previous books in this.
  10. I cant wait to get this! I was such a Sweet Valley Fan! My friends and I used to exchange our books through our so-called Sweet Valley Fan Club..
  11. okay i just realised that i read this a little late..
  12. I'm definitely going to be ordering this on Amazon this week! :smile:
  13. I read these too when I was younger. Is it worth reading even tho it's cheesy?
  14. This is awesome. Obviously late in the game for posting on this two year old thread but I will definitely be trying to find this.
  15. I read it & while I was quite underwhelmed with the story & the writing, I got a warm fuzzy reading about my favorite childhood characters. Prior to finishing this book, I probably closed my last Sweet Valley book around 1988. Not sure I like the idea of age-progression; I think these characters should have remained eternally young & (in my world) in the 80s. :p Having said that, I'm not a huge fan of 'reunion' type shows (like 20 years later) either! LOL!