Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street . . . comes out in two weeks!

1. December 21, to be exact!

It's directed by Tim Burton, and the cast includes Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and Alan Rickman.

I cannot wait to see this! I'm familiar with the story and I saw Sweeney Todd in concert.

Without giving anything away, the story just describes what he did. The musical (and I would imagine the movie) explains WHY he did what he did.
  2. ^ I can't wait either! Have you seen Jersey Girl? It has really funny Sweeney Todd references! :yes:
  3. I have seen Jersey Girl. I love how every other mother / child sings Memories from Cats at the school recital and Gertie and Maya sing God, That's Good from Sweeney Todd.
  4. Oh I love Jersey Girl!! Great movie..it made me cry. It's such a cute musical..seeing little kids do this musical is hilarious. :yes: This movie looks creepy!
  5. It was good.

I expected the violence, given the plot, but the realism of the violence shocked me.
  6. So, you liked it? Was it really, umm...musical-ish? A lot of singing? It looks good, I mean, the plot looks very interesting, but Im not sure I would be able to sit through all of the singing.
  7. ^^
    Yes it's almost all singing.
  8. Oddly enough, I did like it . . . not enough to see it again or buy it when it comes out on DVD, but I'm glad I saw it.

It's the movie version of a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta, so three-quarters of the movie is singing.

9. *Stephen Sondheim, not Gilbert and Sullivan.
  10. I haven't seen it yet, but my husband wants to see it. I never think I like Tim Burton movies, but then once I watch them I usually enjoy them. Maybe I am more twisted that I thought *LOL*
  11. I love tim burton & johnny depp.
    have been waiting for this film for along time!!
    I live in the netherlands, so I'll have to wait a little lobger before it comes out here!
  12. I saw it today and it is a Masterpiece in my opinion - I thought it was amazing - what a collaboration of talent!!!!!!!!
  13. looooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeee iiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt:tup:
  14. I saw it on my birthday and I absolutely LOVED this movie! The actors/actresses in this did an amazing job. Tim Burton did it once again!! I will definitely purchase this movie on DVD.