sweeney todd anyone?

1. anyone seen this movie?
    i can't wait to see it, i love the trailer and always loved tim burton's works
  2. for some reason I am drawn to see this movie...I love Johnny Depp...I have no idea why he hasn't won an Oscar yet, he soooooooo deserves it!
  3. I really wanna see this... Love Tim Burton, Johnny Depp, and Helena!
  4. The movie hasn't come out yet.
  5. Does anyone know the exact plot?
  6. Anything with Johnny Depp in, I want to see! Not exactly sure what this movie is about though?
  7. It looks creepy..however I admit it looks pretty interesting.
    I don't know all the details because I never bothered to check. All I know is that Sweeney Todd slits the throats of his customers..I think out of revenge. Then his lover/mistress or whatever bakes them into pies or something. :shrugs: I honestly have no clue..but it looks creepy..
  8. I can't wait to see it! I love Tim Burton's other work, so I can't imagine this being bad. Creepy, for sure, but doubtfully anything bad.
  9. Caitlin has a thread about this too :yes:...

Anyway, I love Tim Burton! He's my all time favorite director, plus I love Johnny Depp and the original play so I can't wait to see the movie! I haven't been this excited about this movie in a really long time!!! :yahoo:
  10. Tim Burton rocks! Can't wait for this to come out.
  11. from imdb
    "Victorian England is the setting for this harrowing melodrama. Benjamin Barker (Johnny Depp) is living a simple life as a barber with his wife Lucy and his daughter Johanna (Jayne Wisener) when the lust of a judge (Alan Rickman) throws all of their lives into chaos. The judge has Benjamin Barker deported to Australia, and it is many years later that he returns to England, under the pseudonym Sweeney Todd with revenge on his heart. He wishes to reclaim his family and punish the judge and the society who destroyed it. With the help of Mrs. Lovett (Helena Bonham Carter), a pie shop owner who had known Sweeney and his family all of those years ago, Sweeney goes about seeking vengeance and reaping the benefits of that bloody journey."
  12. from imdb.com

Sweeney Todd
    a.k.a Benjamin Barker returns to London after being sent away by Judge Turpin with the help of a sailor, Anthony Hope. He opens a barber shop above Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pie Shop were she sells "the worst pies in London." With the help of Mrs. Lovett, Todd tries to rid of all the people who have ever done him wrong and hopes to be reunited with his daughter, Joanna, who is now Judge Turpin's ward
  13. Love Johnny Depp and Tim Burton. I want to see the movie but I'm not really a fan of the Sweeney Todd story.
  14. Ok....I saw it tonight...WONDERFUL!!! Very gory...and all I knew was that the story was a musical with Stephen Sondheim music, and about a barber that slits people's throats...but it is DARK>>>>and violent. That said, great movie,and Johnny Depp again proves what a great actor he is...and that he can sing! Well worth going to see, even if you look through your fingers at certain points!