Suspicious chinese bandits

1. My auction ended in the hands of NOT Registered Buyer. This person had no feedback and also recently registered. I waited for a couple of days hoping to hear from her. I was aware of Chinese bandits so I decided to re-list my stuff on eBay thinking this was it, no deal with this person.

Then this morning I found an email from eBay letting me know they gave out my informations to so-called buyer. Her information doesn't even include streets address or phone numbers and free email address. What are they trying to do with my information? Do anyone have experience this and what will happen next? If they just try to send me DM's, I do not feel much of the thread but are they going to do more than just that ? I am so afraid. :sick:

2. Contact eBay through their live help.

3. Thank you. I did. All I could do was to send an e-mail to ebay support. I will see what happenes next. Keep you posted.

4. Good luck!

5. Good luck!

6. When you ask for information about another ebayer, ebay only gives out their phone number and the city they live in. In return ebay also gives the same info about you to the other ebayer. They can't do much with your phone number. All they can do is crank call you. But you should email ebay and let them know that this buyer has had no contact with you, didn't pay for their item, and that you feel very suspicious of this buyer who all of a sudden wanted your personal info.

What are chinese bandits? I know there's alot of chinese ppl who sell fake bags so I only buy from Canada or the US. Not all chinese ppl sell fakes though. There are alot of good chinese ppl out there too.

7. Maybe it's because it's only been a couple days and then you relisted without contacting them (I'm assuming? Since you said you were hoping to hear from them). I usually wait a week and also contact buyers with a reminder.

Just playing the devil's advocate here...perhaps they didn't get your e-mails or haven't had time to respond (as much as I want things done within 24 hours, other people have different schedules) or they were trying to deal with their non-registered user status or something. And then they tried to get your information so they could contact you and work things out? Maybe because e-mail wasn't working for them?

They could just be a NPB, but you never know.

PS: I would like to know what Chinese bandits are, too? I've never heard that term used before.

8. I agree. Most Chinese people are honest and hard-working individuals. It's the few bad apples that ruined it for everybody (and they're generally the SAME ppl who just happen to have lots of IDs). Bad apples of all nationalities are everywhere, and they are not the only ones who sell fakes. Speaking of fakes, I've been told that there're lots of fakes from Korea on eBay too

9. eBay Sellers Complain of Chinese Bandits

This was the article about it.

The buyer was registered on the day when she/he hit BIN and she/he was not registered any more as soon as she won the auction, about 3 hours later.I sent few emails when she was still registered and even after she/he tried to get my contact informations from ebay. No response at all.

Thanks everyone.

10. Thanks for the link!:flowers: I've gotten spam messages from zero feedback members trying to advertise their fake suppliers before but none of them had been from China. And I'm telling you, it's frustrating when they keep sending messages under different IDs everytime. Anyways, after reading the article, it made more sense although I wonder why this article decided to conveniently omit "BIN" from the subject of the article "eBay Sellers Complain of Chinese Bandit" and thereby giving the false impression of Chinese Bandits (which I would've interpreted it as Chinese being bandits if I hadn't read the whole thing) vs. Chinese BIN Bandit - big difference in meaning.

Sorry if this offended anyone, but I do feel that Chinese get jumped on and generalized a lot when it comes to fakes - I'm talking about the media, not members here. There're fakes everywhere, not just China. I've seen them in Thailand, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, etc. In China I don't even see them being sold in the open anymore because the government was making an effort to persecute these people (Shenzhen used to have an entire street of them) while I see fakes being displayed openly when I was in Koh Samui, Thailand. I don't know why the media always like to jump on China first.

Oh well, I just simply want to clarify that in spite of how media likes to portray China, most Chinese are hardworking and honest people, not scammers. :flowers: Eh, please don't flame me :sweatdrop:

11. I just want to add that I am sorry you have to deal with BIN Bandits. While blocking an entire country may be the way to do it, there're always ways to get around it. Ppl can just register from another country and start spamming and BIN stuff. Actually all the NPBs I have receive had been from people in the U.S., all of my international buyers had been some of the nicest buyers I've ever dealt with (from Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Argentina, Israel, you name it). I do feel that the way to get around it is to require immediate payment. If a serious buyer doesn't have a Paypal account but wants the item badly enough, I'm sure they're open to alternative ways of paying as well as reasonable terms and conditions.

As for fees, I agree that eBay SHOULD refund the fees if these problem buyers get suspended shortly after they did these BIN. I know that eBay withdraws a suspended buyer's feedback (found that out recently since one of my buyers got mysteriously suspended) so surely they can do the same with the fees. I think it's only fair that they do so considering how much money they are making off of us as it is.