Surgical Menopause

1. Sixteen months ago I underwent surgical menopause after "fighting" endometriosis since I was in my teens, since then I have gained weight, am fighting depression and had a complete loss of libido. I know I should be seeking professional help for my outlook as I really dislike me, my life and what has happened but I would really love to hear from others who have been in my position.

I am on HRT (Livial) but it is a double edged sword as I cannot take HRT with oestrogen as I had a mild stroke when I was 18 and suffered from Endometriosis for as long as I can remember. I was 25 when I lost my left ovary, 35 when I underwent a hysterectomy and finally last year bid goodbye to my right ovary and I am fighting to regain my life.

I would really love to hear your stories on how you coped and give me hope that there is life after menopause.
  2. ((((laloki))) I know you don't know me, but I'm starting menopause (naturally) and I know JUST how you feel. One of the things that really helped with the depression and uncontroled anxiety attacks, is a mild dose of an anti-depressant called Trazadone. I really could not believe the change in how I feel.

I don't know though if it would mess with your other medication though, tha's best answered by a medical proffesional, but I do take other medications and there's no negative reactions. It's not a "happy pill", but it does smooth out the rough edges that come with the chemical inbalance of menopause, without the dangers of some of the stronger anti-depressants like Paxil.

I do hope you seek a proffesionals advice on this though... be honest and tell him/her what you said here. There IS life after menopause, has to be, millions and millions of women do it all the time!
  3. Feel free to PM me. I had a hysterectomy when I was young, followed by an oophorectomy a few years later. I've dealt with some of the same issues. Adding testosterone to my HRT helped with the libido and fatigue.
  4. Thanks for your reply Speedy this maybe something for me to consider as part of my quest to overcome (or control) this period of my life.
  5. Thank you PM'd you!