Super easy beef stew...hello, comfort food!

1. Serves 6!

2 lbs stew meat
    1/2 C red wine
    1 package onion soup mix (dry)
    1 10 1/2 oz can mushroom soup
    2 4 oz cans mushrooms or equivalent fresh

Just preheat your oven to 300 degrees, mix everything in an ovenproof pan, cover and bake 3 hours. It's great over rice or noodles!
  2. I'm interested- What kind of mushroom soup do you use?!
  3. ^^ Ooops sorry about that...just regular cream of mushroom soup works great!
  4. sounds delish!! I'll be trying this soon.
  5. ^^ It makes the house smell SO good while it's cooking! And you can definitely vary it your own way with different spices...
  6. this does sounds easy!! even I couldn't mess this up.
  7. ^^ as long as you don't use TOO big of a baking pan, you're golden. Meaning, the meat won't burn as there's enough liquid for it to roast in.

I use a 3 quart rounded baking bowl (older calphalon hard anodized) with a lid. It's deep enough for the stew to really stew, rather than a larger pan where everything would get too spread out and potentially burn.

ENJOY!! It truly is foolproof.
  8. This sounds great! I'll definitely give it a try.
  9. this is basically the same as my beef stew, but my variation uses beer, plus the cream of mushroom soup, brown gravy packet, onion soup mix packet, and i use onions, carrots, and celery instead of the mushrooms. i cook mine in the slow cooker. it's sooo yummy, and you are right, it's great comfort food.