Sunglasses that slip down your nose

Yea in Asia many brands sell Asian Fit, Gucci, Dior, Oakley. Raybans wayferer also comes in Asian Fit, it's called 2140A (A for Asian). Also, Oliver Peoples are wonderful! They are made in Japan and most of the models fit Asian faces or those with lower nose bridge.

Another thing you can look for are gel nose pads. You stick them to the nose support part of glasses and that will help with the problem a little. As they are silicon there is more friction and your glasses will slide less.

Ladies, i just want to share, I had this problem for a long long time but not anymore, until i found out & tried this easy & cheap fix. Now, i can wear all my big signature plastic frame sunglasses. I bought a bunch of these, they came in transparent silicon, so you can't really see them & most of all, they really worked!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-X-Plastic...441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b404dd09

Of course, i'm not affiliated w/ this seller what so ever, you can also search "stick on nose pads" & you get a lot of choices. Above link is just an example.

imlvholic said:
Ladies, i just want to share, I had this problem for a long long time but not anymore, until i found out & tried this easy & cheap fix. Now, i can wear all my big signature plastic frame sunglasses. I bought a bunch of these, they came in transparent silicon, so you can't really see them & most of all, they really worked!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-X-Plastic-soft-stick-on-Nose-Pads-Eyeglasses-sunglass-1-8mm-Made-in-Japan-/290783026441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b404dd09

Of course, i'm not affiliated w/ this seller what so ever, you can also search "stick on nose pads" & you get a lot of choices. Above link is just an example.

Yeah! This is exactly what I'm talking about as above well! They come in 3 sizes and they do help a lot. For some styles they are still hard to wear even with these pads though, like Dior Glossy or Tom Ford Whitney.

My Gucci oversized plastic frames had always threaten to slip downwards...However, after bringing them to an optometrist, he had heated the back "hooks" of the sunglasses, and they fit much better, although they do still slide down very slightly on occasion.

I bought mine from the Gucci boutique in Hong Kong and I would assume they were the "Asian fit"-type of sunglasses, but I guess my nose bridge is just really low. LOL

BTW, I do use the silicon nose pads for my black, thick-framed Anna Sui prescription glasses (yeah, the nerdy rectangular type), but I would never use the silicon nose pads on my Guccis! That would just look awkward...my optometrist also agreed!

I hope Rayban comes out with some "Asian Fit" aviators soon. The ones that I have tried on in North America don't fit my face all that well- not the nosepads, but more of the teardrop shaped lens...doesn't really compliment my very typical Asian facial structure, I guess!!

I have a really low nosebridge even for an Asian, so I'll be looking into those silicon pads when I'm in Taipei. I don't have any glasses that don't slide down my nose... having very oily skin doesn't help either lol.

I'm always on the hunt for new solutions and sunnies. Most sunglasses don't fit my Asian face because my eyes are too close to the lenses of most glasses, and my eyelashes touch with each blink (super annoying) if I push them to the proper height on my nose. But if I don't push them high, my eyebrows stick out from the top and look weird.

Coach, Guess, Rayban and Chanel are all horrible on me.

Prada and Chloe are the best so far. My Chloe 2189 have been working with some of those 2.5mm thick stick-on "silicone nose pads" that someone else suggested; these raise them higher while maintaining a good spacing from my face, and prevent the lenses from touching my cheeks when I smile. However, I'm not sure if it's because of the pads or the heavy Chloes, but they leave dents in my nose like no tomorrow.
I'm going to try the pads on my Prada SPR28N and see if they dent as well.

Also, a free alternative to Keepons that I've discovered from trial and error is wrapping a few of those tiny clear plastic hair elastics around the ends of the arms. I haven't tested this in hot sweaty weather yet but so far it's working well to prevent slipping.