Summer wallet needed...maybe a Ludlow?

Should I get a Ludlow? And if yes, from which line?

1. Yes, get a Ludlow from one of the current lines.

2. No, wait for a Ludlow you truly love.

3. Yes, Mono.

4. Yes, Dentelle Silver.

5. Yes, Epi Ivoire.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ok... summer has come and my wardrobe has changed accordingly. Usually I keep my wallets in the inner pocket(s) of my jackets/coats, but now, as I don't wear jackets in summer, I find it increasingly difficult to take my Mono Billfold and my Mono PmP with me every time. I am not the manbag type, and I don't like to put my wallets in the back pockets of my jeans/trousers/shorts.

So I thought I need a summer wallet, something small and compact, and the wallet that fits this description best is the Ludlow.

LV currently makes the Ludlow in Mono, Damier Ebene, Dentelle, Vernis, Epi. And I am not sure which one like:

Mono: is nice and classic, but I wanted something new, fresh, summery and possibly l.e.
    Damier Ebene: I am not a big fan of D.E., especially not with the chocolate interior.
    Dentelle: I always thought I liked this line (in silver), but the Dentelle is so sparkly, maybe even too sparkly for my taste. Dentelle is also so expensive... remember I am a college student and the funds are low at the moment (end of semester).
    Vernis: out of the question, because of colour transfer (Perle) and because Pomme is too femme a colour. Amarante is not yet available here.
    Epi: I am not a big fan of Epi, but Ivoire is a nice colour. It would be my first all leather LV, but I am not in love with Epi Ivoire.

Now if Lv made the Ludlow in Damier Azur there would be no doubt what kind I'd be buying.
  2. Hmm. Well, you need a wallet, so don't wait! It sounds like the only wallet that you really feel positively about is the go for that? It is a classic piece, so it will always be handy to have around. And when a line comes out that you like better, you can get another one!
  3. That's true... I will see what LV Sbg has to offer next Tuesday.
  4. i would actually say no to the ludlow.
    even though its my favorite wallet, it def is thick like a billfold. not exactly put in your pocket material there.

for that, i really like the pocket organizer
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] or theporte cartes
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    both available in an array or mono or damier or leathers and the price isn't bad at all. in addition, they are thin and will def fit in a pocket without putting your clothes out of shape!

good luck summer shopping!
  5. Sounds like you are unsure about all of them...I voted towards waiting for a ludlow that you'll love!
  6. Why not try the portemonnaie plat? It tends to be flatter than the ludlow. I have both and I actually prefer the pp style.
  7. i LOVE my ludlow and you are very right, its PERFECT for summer. its so small and i just carry what i NEED.

my vote, after looking at all your pros and cons, is the mono. its a classic piece!