Suits: Does black pin strip pants (with gray pin stripes) match a solid black jacket?

1. The title asks the question:p.

Sorry for all these wardrobe questions but I just bought a beautiful pair of pants but it had no matching jacket :push:

2. No, not really. You will look mismatched because it's a slight difference between the two.

3. I would say the only way they would look okay is if the blacks are an exact match. Blacks can vary so much.

I recently bought a navy pinstripe jacket that had no matching pants and it drives me nuts because I can't figure what to wear with it. I bought it because it fit and was on clearance but I didn't think it would be so hard to find a matching skirt or pants.

4. ITA! :yes:
    My thoughts exactly!!!

5. i agree that blacks are hard to match, however black is a neutral so technically you can pair any two neutrals together. basically, my opinion is yes, you can wear them together :smile:

6. actually, i recently did this and it looked fine. i wore it with a white v-neck tee underneather and a short-sleeeve black blazer with black ballet flaps and a charcoal gray scarf. it complimented each other really well. i got the idea from www.clubmonaco.com they use a lot of grays and blacks and other neutral colors, often together.

7. I think the only way it would match is if the top and bottom are from the same fabric make especially if you are referring to a blazer. Now if you are just referring to a jacket that was meant to be a separate (like those one button blousy jackets that's more a layering piece oppose to outerwear), then it would go together.

8. I'm not generally a matchy-matchy person (shoes to handbag, etc) but with suits I'm picky. Unless the slacks and jacket are made of the same fabric (same manufacturer, season etc) I wouldn't wear them together. However, you could probably wear the pants with a lot of things on top rather than a suit jacket - a beautiful blouse, a cashmere sweater, etc...?

9. I probably wouldn't wear it. You could always pair the pants with a nice sweater/shirt though..