Suggestions for crocodile and ostrich bags!

1. Hi guys! I'm doing a little research for my dear mother who really wants two exotic bags, a crocodile skin bag and an ostrich skin bag. I'm not too knowledgeable on the matter since, while I admire exotics from afar, I don't have any or know where to start looking.

Anyone that has either care to shed some info? She wants a black crocodile bag and a red ostrich bag. I've been googling to find bags, but so far, no real luck in finding something that she likes (satchel-esque styling). I found a really nifty crocodile satchel that had the crocodile's paws on it, but she didn't go for it, I can't understand why. ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Look for vintage VASSAR and Lucille de Paris bags--they have beautiful croc and ostrich bags that are sturdy and still stylish.

3. I looked them up, I think I'd rather get her something new as opposed to vintage. Thanks for the suggestion though!

4. I am looking at a Nancy Gonzalez croc bag now and so far, have only found good things about that line in my research. Check out Saks, NM and BG online--there are some pretty satchel-type bags there

5. Nancy Gonzalez makes both crocodile and ostrich bags. Gorgeous styles! I'm just not really into the real exotic prints.

6. Lana Marx make TDF exotic bags but they are very spendy.

7. whats the budget on this?

8. I checked out the Nancy Gonzalez bags, while I thought they were super nice, they are kinda expensive. Is it just the brand-name markup or are all exotics going to run the buyer $4k?

CobaltBlu - the budget is probably around $2000 for each bag.

9. Nuti makes a nice ostrich bag.

10. I think your best bet would be Nancy Gonzales.

11. Nancy Gonzalez is a good brand for getting crocodile relatively inexpensively, about $3000-5000. Hermes, of course, is the best and priciest at about $9000 to $12,000 for ostrich, and about $20,000 up for crocodile. Ferragamo usually prices out between Gonzalez and Hermes, at about $3000-5000 for ostrich.

12. I think you are going to need to dish out more than $2k for a good ostrich or croc bag. Even with Nancy Gonzalez.
    I saw a Gucci ostrich bag and that ran around $4k. :smile:

Ostrich is really a great exotic to have. It is much more durable than croc, especially when it comes to getting wet. I have an ostrich bag and if it happens to get hit by a liltle water, it is no worse for the wear. With croc you wouldn't be so lucky and sometimes, depending on the type of croc there can be problems with the scales.

13. Bottega Veneta makes wonderful but pricey exotics.