Suggestion for Low-key/Subtle Mono Bag?

I second the Coussin CM (loving_couture > I've noticed we have similar tastes! :supacool:).

I've never ever seen it being carried, but I love the pillowy form. Very sporty/casual, and a youthful feel you don't see in many monogram bags. Also quite reasonably priced :yes:

Louis%20Vuitton%20Coussin%20GM-739207.jpg

here are a few member's visuals.

Attachments

• coussin4.jpg
    coussin4.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 42
  • coussingm.JPG
    coussingm.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 43
  • newmonogramlv03.jpg
    newmonogramlv03.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 46
Is this bag for you or for your mom?
the bag would be for myself....it'd be something i'd want to carry to work.

i've been ontpf alllll nite looking at popincourt haut's, batignolle horizontals...and i'm still contemplating the damier speedy 30.

it's tough because this'll be my first lv...i love the subtlety of damier but my mom (who'll be paying for it) has beef with it b/c she finds it's faked too much (haha, really i think mono's faked more, but damier's easier to fake). but it's almost like when u carry damier it's more special because less of the general public recognize it, and it almost makes it seem more elegant since it's less in your face. in addition, my company's been laying people off in lots over the past year (i believe the count is up to about 30 now), and the last thing i want to do is draw attention to myself with an in your face bag.

i originally thought of damier speedy for myself and popincourt haut for her, since that would mean i could borrow it from time to time ;), and i think the ph is quite elegant yet functional. After reading up on the BH, i think the cheaper price doesn't offset the fact that it doesn't have a zip closure which could result in a heinous mess if it were to rain and such...and taking the subway everyday - the last thing i want to worry about is whether someone's got their hand in my cookie jar.

and I'm still voting for the Damier Speedy! Honestly, I've always hated mono with a passion (please don't throw stones) because I find it to be a bit too loud. After all, I don't buy LV to be recognized.

the minilooping is cute as well - but I think it's a lil too structured for my tastes.
kimalee - that's true....personally, i don't enjoy extreme sag so i think i would be using some sort of device to help it maintain it's shape...and bottom line, my mom's going to want me to choose whichever purse will make me happiest. even though it's super easy to fake a damier, i'd say it's way more common to fake a mono. And if I were worried about ppl thinking it's a fake, i shouldn't get it in the first place. Although I do kinda appreciate the fact that the PH is less common which makes it a bit more special...

I think you should go ahead and get the damier speedy. You will really love it. I have the 30 in both mono and damier, and although the mono was my first true love, I have grown to love my damier. It is a very classy and functional bag, has the zipper you want, and since you will get caught in the rain since you said you take the subway everyday, you won't have to worry about getting any vachetta wet. I live in Florida and I use my mono when the sun is shining, and my damier for the rain. I'm kind of forgetting why they call Florida the sunshine state because I've been using my damier for at least 2 months straight!

And btw, I saw about 3 fake mono speedys today alone...I was out doing a LOT of shopping. I have NEVER seen a fake damier IRL.

I think mono in itself will give a bag the flashy effect. But I do know what you mean with regards to holding the bag in the crook of your arm making it even more 'in your face.' I think its because holding it that way with your arm up gives a showy impression. (I carry mine like that too but I do try to think of other more subtle ways to hold it). Maybe try a simple shoulder bags? Shoulder bags are more casual. What about a Cabas Piano or pochette? They do call for attention because its mono but it is more subtle/