Sugar daddy & Luxury spending

This thread reminds me when I was first practicing my English and was living abroad the first time. I went to a nice restaurant with friends from my class and we were talking about our families back home in English coz we were all just from different countries so English was our bridge language. I was mentioning that my dad, my Real Father, of course, always spoil me and gives me things. (He still does that even now I already got married and have one daughter myself. :smile: ) I was telling them I really am a "Daddy's Girl" and all that. After we left the restaurant, one of my friends told me she didn't understand why our next table kept looking at us. It took me some years to understand what happen that night. I guess my English isn't as good as I thought. :smile:

And to answer OP question, I just save up. But I do know some girls that have their sugar daddy. Don't choose that way of life. So far, no one end up well. All relationship ended in some way and rarely these girls end up with someone who appreciate their value. When you choose to "count the value of yourself", other people count it, too. Think clearly and think straight before you pick that path. These men knew you're with them because of money and they know how to use their money, too. They're not old for nothing.

I think I'm the only one that is not offended by this thread!
No, I don't have a sugar daddy, I buy everything myself mostly from ebay and most important I married for love, and we're nowhere rich.
I think that OP probably made this reasoning: if a girl has a Sugar Daddy and shows everyone what he buys her, she probably doesn't feel guilty or hasn't remorse about the way she behaves. So, why can't she eventually admit in a forum in an anonymous way that she actually has a Sugar Daddy, if she isn't ashamed of what she does?
If she were ashamed and found it to be a bad way to live, she wouldn't allow herself to be treated like that.

So hypocritical.......

I guess you all chose your husbands or Significant other because they had NO money NO job, NO future prospects, NO assets and NO means to give you children. I Don't think so...

Actually, I did. My husband had been a paratrooper for ten years with quite a few health problems due to this job. He was unemployed when we met and fell in love. No assets, no prospects. But guess what - I made enough money to support both of us comfortably until his death a year ago. He was a wonderful cook and loved to prepare my favorite meals, even when he was already confined to a wheelchair.

He was frugal (I'm not) but every so often, out of the blue, there was a bottle of my favorite scent. No "occasion" needed.

I think it depends on where our priorities are. They often shift as we mature.

And to answer OP question, I just save up. But I do know some girls that have their sugar daddy. Don't choose that way of life. So far, no one end up well. All relationship ended in some way and rarely these girls end up with someone who appreciate their value. When you choose to "count the value of yourself", other people count it, too. Think clearly and think straight before you pick that path. These men knew you're with them because of money and they know how to use their money, too. They're not old for nothing.
I just want them to be careful. I know there not going to listen to what I tell them so I don't know what else to do.

I think I'm the only one that is not offended by this thread!
No, I don't have a sugar daddy, I buy everything myself mostly from ebay and most important I married for love, and we're nowhere rich.
I think that OP probably made this reasoning: if a girl has a Sugar Daddy and shows everyone what he buys her, she probably doesn't feel guilty or hasn't remorse about the way she behaves. So, why can't she eventually admit in a forum in an anonymous way that she actually has a Sugar Daddy, if she isn't ashamed of what she does?
If she were ashamed and found it to be a bad way to live, she wouldn't allow herself to be treated like that.
This!!! You are right that's the point I'm trying to make... Just out of curiosity if you feel offended then obviously you feel that way for a reason.

Actually, I did. My husband had been a paratrooper for ten years with quite a few health problems due to this job. He was unemployed when we met and fell in love. No assets, no prospects. But guess what - I made enough money to support both of us comfortably until his death a year ago. He was a wonderful cook and loved to prepare my favorite meals, even when he was already confined to a wheelchair.

He was frugal (I'm not) but every so often, out of the blue, there was a bottle of my favorite scent. No "occasion" needed.

I think it depends on where our priorities are. They often shift as we mature.
Sorry about your husband.