Suede bags - only for fall / winter?

ncch

O.G.
Feb 18, 2012
i got a dark brown bag earlier this year and am waiting to use it. its leather but has suede panels on the side. this would only be good for fall / winter right? would october be ok to start using this bag? i don't want to look out of season because i do think suede can look too warm and its such a dark color. I had a light pink suede bag that i used into the spring but this bag is an entirely different feeling.

when do you start using your suede bags?

Reactions: prepster
Got deadly ponies' mr. farrow in May.
Is NZ deer suede. Ink color.
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachments/deadly-ponies-mr-farrow-pompom-purse-suede-ink1-jpg.3352095/
Have been carrying all summer.
Matches jeans. Easy style. Smooshy.
Sooooo soft to pat.:heart: Marble button to twiddle in fingers.
Fashion faux pas?--don't care.:biggrin:
Lovely bag, remainsilly!:tup::tup:
What about maintenance?
I mean if it gets caught in rain or gets stained?
Is suede lighter weight than cow leather?

Lovely bag, remainsilly!:tup::tup:
What about maintenance?
I mean if it gets caught in rain or gets stained?
Is suede lighter weight than cow leather?
Maintenance: I spray with collonil waterstop. Haven't seen stains.
Suede gets crushed imprints--if handle lays against it, etc. But, just rub hand across, gone.

More concerned about breaking button. With my flingy bag nonsense. Near hard surfaces.:smash:

Entire bag is deer leather--suede & nappa.
NZ deer skin bit thicker.
But still waaaay lighter weight than cow.

Maintenance: I spray with collonil waterstop. Haven't seen stains.
Suede gets crushed imprints--if handle lays against it, etc. But, just rub hand across, gone.

More concerned about breaking button. With my flingy bag nonsense. Near hard surfaces.:smash:

Entire bag is deer leather--suede & nappa.
NZ deer skin bit thicker.
But still waaaay lighter weight than cow.
Thank you, remainsilly, I have seen a suede Ricky on collectorsquare.com....
But it's in cow leather suede....:sad:

I think some bags do look more seasonal, but it's more about material + colour + style and not just the material alone. Some of my black bags are more AW, they look heavy but I also have black and tan Gucci and a back BV the are decidedly Summer bags. And don't forget last Summer almost every high-street shop had a version of tan suede skirt and there were plenty of coordinating accessories to match.

Last edited:
Reactions: prepster and Hobbsy
i got a dark brown bag earlier this year and am waiting to use it. its leather but has suede panels on the side. this would only be good for fall / winter right? would october be ok to start using this bag? i don't want to look out of season because i do think suede can look too warm and its such a dark color. I had a light pink suede bag that i used into the spring but this bag is an entirely different feeling.

when do you start using your suede bags?

I use my suede bags and shoes from Labor day through Easter, barring weather extremes. I wear patent leather bags and shoes, and wicker bags from Easter to Labor day, adding straw and canvas to the mix on Memorial Day. Things usually don't look bad when worn out of season, but they can look just a little off :huh:. Seasons are great guidelines for being well-dressed, plus, I always get a little thrill when it is time to switch. I enjoy cleaning, and packing the items to be rested with acid-free tissue in their bags and boxes, then unveil the things for the new season. It feels like opening presents! This is also when I take inventory and decide if something is looking a little peaked and needs to be retired or can be sold, and make notes on what new things I need.