Subforum for "Sex & Relationships"..?

1. I'm not sure if anyone has requested for this yet...

I noticed that we usually post threads abotu relationships in the General Discussion...but why not have a subforum for it? :p

:flowers:

2. Someone beat you to it! ;) There's actually a thread requesting this three or four threads below yours... ;)

3. I agree. I think we should have one.

People want to talk about things like that. At the same time, I can understand the need to keep things age appropriate.

We're not crude, we're not raunchy and for the most part we're mature about it.

If all those topics were together in one forum, then parents can tell their kids not to go in that particular forum.

4. I think things are fine as they are. Besides if we have a subforum for 'sex' Charles might get all excited.

5. We have a load of posts on relationships in general.... so maybe it would be fitting. Vlad and I keep thinking about it... thanks for all suggestions!

6. Whatever!!

Can I be the Moderator??? ;)

7. what, to weed out bad sex tips? :roflmfao:

8. Charles- I bet you would ask for visuals to help the forum be better, right??

9. You are all ROCK STARS!!!

10. That would keep them out for sure. :p :sweatdrop:

11. Maybe you could do it as a private room like MP each member applies for access. Did we give our age or DOB when signing up I don't remember. That way you could set an age limit

12. I don't necessarily think it needs to be made private. Just don't come right out and call the section 'sex.'

Maybe have a Relationships forum and then have a subforum called Intimacy or Relations or something.

Or just call the entire thing Relationships and Relations.

On another note, I didn't have a problem with the, um, self love topic in and of itself. I didn't think it was inappropriate, but it did make me want to suggest a subforum dedicated to stuff like that.

Looking back on it, I did think it odd that a topic like that was someone's first or second ever post.

Vlad and Megs, you know how new members don't have automatic PMing privilages? Maybe you could make it so that new members don't have automatic access to the Relationships forum. At least, not right away.

They have to be members for a certain amount of time and make a certain number of posts first.

13. Well, in order to give proper advice, I'd really need to see what the problem might be. It's in the best interest of the forum!

Honestly though, I don't see an issue with a relationship forum. The whole idea is to spread information and awareness and really, people under 18 could benefit from that. For example masturbation, I'm sure the vast majority of us experimented prior to being 18. Now, I don't think a 10 year old needs to be reading about it, so perhaps 14-16 and up?? Like it or not, these topics are being discussed by kids that age.
    So, set an age limit, verify age and limit access based on that. Obviously this can be a touchy subject with parents. Personally, it's not a huge deal to me, and I have an 11 year old, but I can see how it might be to other parents.

14. i'm not against it but just throwing this question out there, if we start a sex and relationship forum, what would go into GD?

Links to articles, job questions? in which case it would make sense to start a career/job forum at the same time. GD would become really quiet.

I kind of like the GD section coss it's like the main hangout spot you know? once we take the relationships and jobs into different subforums, there would be that much of a main hangout spot...

and the concern about sex topics, maybe just put it as a relationship sub forum. i don't see that many sex questions anyway... that way we don't get into the underaged issue...

15. ^
    I agree, there's no reason to have an age limit at the moment, so I don't see why it would be neccessary if a "relationship" section was made.