style advice

i wonder if the chanel J12s are counted along with the Hermes watches?

Don't know about chanel watches, but the aficionados look on watch mfrs the same way we look at Hermes - if the mechanism is all made in-house, then it's considered top drawer. Just like handbags! Patek and Vacheron and probably Cartier meet that criterion. Not sure about others.

i mentioned an Hermes watch and he said they arent "real" watches..........(ie rolex, cartier, patek etc..........anyone have any clever ideas?

hehehe! Have to say that my DH said exactly the same thing and it's one of the few times that I actually think have to conceed that he is right. :tup:

My DH's reasoning is that H is a fashion company and not a watchmaker. For watches, you buy from watchmakers like Patek, Franck Muller, Rolex, IWC, etc. not from jewelry or fashion companies like Tiffany, CD or Chanel. Although, I have to say, at the end of the day, the watches sold by these companies are probably made by other watch makers just sold under their own brand.

hehehe! Have to say that my DH said exactly the same thing and it's one of the few times that I actually think have to conceed that he is right. :tup:

My DH's reasoning is that H is a fashion company and not a watchmaker. For watches, you buy from watchmakers like Patek, Franck Muller, Rolex, IWC, etc. not from jewelry or fashion companies like Tiffany, CD or Chanel. Although, I have to say, at the end of the day, the watches sold by these companies are probably made by other watch makers just sold under their own brand.

thanks-interesting...

I really like my Rolex Explorer 1. If I could only have one watch, this is the one I would keep. Its not for everybody though - you either love it or hate it. Brandwise, I am a believer that you go for an item in a brand known for that particular item - eg, Hermes for leather, Loro Piana for cashmere, Christian Louboutin, Ferragamo or Blahnik for shoes, Rolex or Omega for watches. I wouldnt buy a CL bag or Ferragamo suit, if you get my drift. But thats just me. I think the Hermes watches are ok (the movements of most watches are made by the same company, except for the inhouse movements from what your husband would say are the true watch companies like Rolex, Girard Perragaux, Patek. Blancpain, Breguet). Maybe look at a Blancpain?

Hermes is known for fashion ( BAgs ) ; but not for watches ...
like Cartier it's known for jewlery , watchs , dimenods , but not for bags ( even thought cariter has bags but I'll never by bags from there ) ,,,

in fact Cartier is my favourite ( the best ) for watches
amazing :love:

I have a Hermes Cape Cod double tour Automatic. Since its an automatic movement, I consider it a fine watch. Its groovy, its not made anymore, its unique and I love it. I love it so much I also own it in 18k (but not an automatic.)

I think with any of these things its best to go with what you love and what suits you. I happen to love things that wrap around, so the double tour is perfect for me.

I thought about the Cartier tank, but it was so mainstream. I think PeanutBabyCakes has a really pretty diamond H watch that is beautiful too.

Its depends on your personal sense of style, no?

Watches like anything else are soooo individual. I love the look of Blancpain but I prefer a watch that does something so I always lust after a Breitling. What other watch can help you fly a plane or save your life after a mishap in the wilderness?