Studio 60

I agree with bagnshoo, I liked the clever/fast-paced/tense dialogue on the West Wing, but I thought Studio 60 ended up seeming pretentious. It was like watching a group of clever people laugh at their own jokes for an hour, it got old. I don't think I'll be tuning back in, especially when The Family Guy produces the same sort of fast-paced dialogue and clever musical number spoofs PLUS Brian the martini drinking dog!

I actually respectfully disagree with those who thought that the characters were all taking the show too seriously. Running a show like that is not that different from running any division of a major corporation. There is a LOT of money at stake and a LOT of pressure not to blow it (no pun initially intended). This would be especially true of the individual characters who are out of options and those who care about the show itself. Any time that there are large amounts of money wrapped in something, whether its the production of a television show or some other business endeavor, there is going to be pressure. I am sure that many of us know professionals in many fields who take their jobs this seriously all of the time. Many of them are successful because of this perpetual insecurity and perfectionism while many of them also eventually combust or self-destruct. There is always that need to keep just the right balance between competitive nature/ need to succeed/perfectionism and general overall perspective/life outside work. (This is certainly true for myself and many of my colleagues who work in a number of different professional fields.) I suspect that maintaining this balance will be a central issue for Perry's character throughout the season. The other guy in charge who was busted for drugs may have balance issues leaning the other way, given his drug test, which should make for some continued interesting dynamics. So while I am not 100% committed to this show yet, I am enjoying it and relating to it a bit and am looking forward to seeing where it will go.

I finally had a chance to watch Monday's episode. I had it on tape. Honestly, I couldn't follow much of the story line. The actors spoke way to fast for me and the pace was so quick that I was at a loss.

I don't think I'll be tuning in again. I didn't enjoy the show at all this week. It was too much "work" to watch.

This is a great show! I was ambivalent about it at first, but I was sucked in as soon as I realized that the show parodies the background happenings on Saturday Night Live.

There was so much going on all at once but I kept watching as I adore Matthew Perry! (I like to multi-task as I watch television.)

Bravo is going to be airing the episodes on Sunday nights.