Studio 60

1. Anyone waiting to watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip tonight? I love Matthew Perry. It's on at 10pm PST on NBC. Here's the link:

NBC.com - Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

2. ooops, I'll move to TV/Cinema

3. Oopsy. Sorry about that, I didn't know there was a special section.

4. It aired on Sunday for me and i thought it was good. I really liked Judd Hirsch's opening monologue, plus Amanda Peet seemed sharp. Good first episode, i hope that it keeps it up.

5. I thought it was entertaining. Amanda Peet was definitely a nice change from the usual hard, driven executive-type women often seen on TV. What I mean is she was smart, clever, well-spoken, but fun and displayed an aura of lighthearedness about her as well. Matthew Perry was terrific. Not at all Chandler-ish!

6. I have to say, I almost turned it off. Then I came back from washing the dishes and go into it. Very slow start, but I might be hooked now! :p

7. I really liked it. I thought it was very smart. I can't wait until next week when the show really begins...

8. I really enjoyed it. I plan to watch it...I hope they keep up the good work! It's very smart, funny, and sharp. The cast is awesome. I was afraid that maybe they hyped them up too much, but I definitely wasn't let down!

9. our family was watching. We love Aaron Sorkin so we had high expectations. I think it will be great!

10. didn't see the first episode but hope to catch it next time..

11. I wasn't so sure about it the first 10 minutes or so........but once they introduced the characters a bit more and gave us an idea who they were, I liked it a lot.

It has been hyped a lot and I am looking forward to see if it lives up to it.....so far, so good.

12. I love Aaron Sorkin, Loved Sports Night and TWW. So I'm in. Not so thrilled with MP, though I did like his turn on TWW. I love BW though!

13. I have mixed feelings about this show. It is West Wing revamped (same director, producer and at least 5 or six actors from the show). Though I liked West Wing, I did get tired of all the overly clever, lightning fast dialogue. No one talks like this IRL. Studio 60 was a little pretentious in as much as they were trying to make you feel like what they were doing was soooo seriously important. They were putting on a variety t.v. show for petes sake! Jack White has strep throat? OMG! Get on phone! Call the secret service! While putting on a t.v. show is no walk in the park, it is not a matter of national importance. Too over dramatic. The last scene where MP looks at his LED countdown clock and sees that even though one show is in the can, he only has less than 6 days to do another. Give me a break. The look on his face was like he had to come up with a cure for cancer.
    I hope the show lightens up and takes itself less seriously in future episodes.
    Sorry for the long post - but I have high hopes for this show and want to like. it. Just My Opinon.

p.s. I think what turned me off too was Sorkin's self indulgent "cocaine bust" reference. sheesh.

14. I missed yesterday's episode. = /

15. Me too, I missed it. But I did tape and will watch tomorrow.