Studio 54

1. Hi! I am a great fun of the studio 54 era:heart: . I love the whole concept of the club as well as the mystery behind the private parties held at private rooms. I love the fact that famous people couldn't get in whereas stylish hip young people could enter the club. I would like to ask you guys if anyone ever visited Studio 54?How was it like? Or maybe someone you know or a relative of yours has ever told you a story for this monumental clubbing place. I would love to know as much as possible for this unforgettable club:graucho: . Thank you...!!!

preview26.jpg preview45.jpg preview32.jpg preview37.jpg preview5.jpg
  2. My BF went there a few times! He's a native New Yorker and was in his late teens/early 20s in 54's heyday. I don't have a LOT of stories but I will ask him and post more! :graucho:

3. My Mom used to go all the time when she was younger. She has stories of seeing celebrities doing less than legal things there.

4. It's a theater now. Too bad that era is gone......

5. Thank you so much. This is really nice of you!!I am anticipating:graucho: !!!!

6. ^^ My pleasure! I'll do my best to post again as soon as I can!

7. I had no doubt about that:yes: !!!!

8. I went there in the early 80s with my sister and her husband as they lived nearby. I wasn't very impressed really. It was kind of cool inside, but not much was going on when we went. I was shocked that a mixed drink cost $9 and didn't like that too much!

9. I'm similairly obsessed, I just bought this

[​IMG]

10. X 13 this is a really nice and cool necklace! Freetoes that must have been a veeeeeeery expensive drink!

11. I saw Cabaret in the theatre that it is now. I remember as I was walking into the theatre and looking up at the balcony, I was thinking, “People used to have sex up there!”

I got so interested in the place after the movie 54 came out. (SUCH a good movie! Ryan Phillippe is hot and Mike Meyers was amazing!)

They used to put drugs in the air conditioning vents so that everybody in the club could feel a high.

There’s a joke going around that if you can actually remember what Studio 54 was like, you never really were there.

Steve Rubell went on a talk show, saying things along the lines of “We make so much money, only the Mafia makes more . . . but I better not say anything else or the IRS might find out.”

One of the big raids of Studio 54 (the one that actually closed its doors) happened on my birthday: December 14, 1979.

More detailed a history on this link: Studio 54 @ Disco-Disco.com

12. I'm listening to the second soundtrack to 54 right now! (Before that, I was listening to the first one!) There are some really great songs (and I've italicized my favorite ones):

54 (Vol. 1)

1. Allstar 54 - The 54 Allstars
    2. Keep On Dancin' - Gary's Gang
    3. The Boss - Dianna Ross
    4. Dance Dance Dance - Chic
    5. Vertigo/Relight My Fire - Dan Hartman
    6. You Make Me Feel ( Mighty Real) - Sylvester
    7. Move On Up - Destination
    8. Love Machine (Part I) - The Miracles
    9. Contact - Edwin Starr Listen
    10. Knock On Wood - Mary Griffin
    11. Let's Start The Dance - Bohannon
    12. I Got My Mind Made Up - Instant Funk
    13. Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staton
    14. Native New Yorker - Odyssey
    15. Que Sera Mi Vida - The Gibson Brothers
    16. Wishing On A Star - Rose Royce

13. 54 (Vol. 2)

1. If You Could Read My Mind - Stars On 54/ Ultra Nate/Amber/ Jocelyn Enriquez
    2. Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet - Gonzalez
    3. Heaven Must Have Sent You - Bonnie Pointer
    4. Loving Is Really My Game - Brainstorm
    5. Disco Nights (Rock-Freak) - GQ
    6. Found A Cure - Ashford & Simpson
    7. Don't Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston
    8. Come To Me - France Joli
    9. Take Your Time (Do It Right) - S.O.S. Band
    10. Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Santa Esmeralda
    11. Spank - Jimmy 'Bo' Horne
    12. Galaxy - War
    13. I Need A Man - Grace Jones
    14. Heart Of Glass - Blondie
    15. Cherchez La Femme/ Se Si Bon - Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
    16. Fly Robin Fly - Silver Convention

14. Grace Jones! "Pull up to the bumper baby"...remember her and the song?