Stuck at the same weight... suggestions?

1. I started taking phentermine about a month and a half ago and I've been exercising, eating right, etc. I've lost 20ish pounds, which is awesome, but I've been stuck at the same weight for like a week! I know these little bumps along the road happen when you're losing weight, especially when trying to lose a big amount(I have at least 30 more to go) but this really has me down. :sad: Any suggestions for getting past this?

2. I don't know anything about phentermine, but the other things you are doing sound healthy. Plateaus seem to be part of losing weight, unfortunately. If it doesn't start coming off again in a while, take a look at the South Beach diet, phase 1. It only lasts 2 weeks, and is a good jump start, I've found.

3. Yeah, I went through a plateau as I was losing weight too (carbohydrate addicts diet). Just like when you grow out your bangs, there's going to be in between stages that are unbearably annoying.

Hang in there! I'm not sure about the meds you are taking so I would assume you stay at the same dosage. Try upping your exercise routine or at least varying it. The plateau will eventually break!

Good luck! :flowers:

4. It sounds like you've done really well so far, so congrats!!! (Not sure what Phentermine is though - sounds like a weight loss pill?)

A tip for you to try - eat more than you normally would for two weeks (say an extra 200 calories per day) and then go back to how you are eating now. This will kick start your metabolism again, which tends to go through sluggish phases during weight loss. It's kind of like starting again - It really does work!

If you've only been stuck at the same weight for just a week, i wouldn't worry too much just yet though, weight loss does slow down as you get nearer to your goal (typical!)

Good luck!:flowers:

5. ^ agree with above. also change your exercise routine and what your doing.. as your body gets used to it. you need to try and mix it up so your body works things it wasnt doing before..

6. Thanks for the tips, I think I'm going to try changing up my exercise routine and maybe eating some more for a few days to see if that helps. Hopefully the scale will start going down again soon!

7. spinning!

8. weight training!

9. & incline running!!

10. You seem to be doing great. Spinning will definately do the job!!!!! Can I ask you what is the dosage of phentermine you are taking daily?

11. I'm taking 37.5mg once a day. I might look into spinning classes at my mom's gym, but I've heard they can be tough!

12. Weight/strength training, combined with 30 minutes of cardio at least 3 times per week.....and please be careful with the Phentermine. It should be for short term use.

Good luck and it sounds like you're doing well...

13. Congrats on your weight loss, but it does sound you've hit a plateau. It's good and bad, it's good because your body is adjusting to some serious weightloss and a total lifestyle change. It's bad because it is frustrating and easy to fall back into a rut. But continue doing what you're doing and mix up your exercise a bit, interval training is excellent. I hate cardio but the one workout I can stomach is the treadmill at a decent walking pace. After one minute, up your pace to 0.5 mph and up the grade 0.5-1.0. Keep upping it at those increments for 10 minutes. Once you hit the 10 minutes, start back at the lowest setting and go for another round and then cool down for about 5 minutes. I rolled my eyes at it when I first heard it but I tried it and it kicks butt! Good luck and hang in there!

14. if you dont mind me asking, what is phentermine?

15. Eff,

Congrats on your weight loss!! Glad to hear that you have loss that amount of weight. I'm also trying to take off 40 lbs, I managed to loss l8lbs by walking the hills around my house and the scales have stopped moving in the right direction so I sort of know what your going through. Just keep doing what your doing and forget about the numbers on the scales for awhile. Also
    have you had your blood pressure check by a doctor because phentermine can cause an irregular heartbeat and very high blood pressure.