Straw bags: hot or not?

1. i'm trying to find a new summer bag (early, i know) to carry with all of my summer skirts and dresses. i find myself attracted to straw bags for some reason.:shrugs:

so the question: do you guys like straw bags? are they timeless or trendy?

and just to make this thread really vague:p: what kind of bags do you guys carry with summery outfits?

2. I may be in the minority, but I like a simple straw bag in the summer. I prefer something simple because I think that looks best with the straw.

I also like canvas totes in the summer. I'm pretty casual all the time though, so that's what works for me in the summer.

3. I don't care for them.

4. i hate them...sorry.

5. I don't like them. I like to use cheap cotton bags with a cute design or print in the summer.

6. I don't really care for them either. If I find a super deal on one, like only a few bucks at TJ Maxx or somewhere, then I would consider it, but otherwise I don't really like them. Even if I had one, i feel like i would only use it a few times before abandoning it for something that feels a little nicer.

7. I don't like the 'floppy' ones, but I like the 'harder' ones trimmed in leather. Wicker or something?

8. I thought they looked so cute for the beach until I got one. Hated using it! Pieces started sticking out and snagging on things. Not a fan!

9. Because I am a "touchy-feely" gal that always has her hands on the leather of my bag, I don't think I would like the scratchy stiffness of straw, although some are pretty cute on someone other than me.

10. Here's mine. It's the 'harder' style and I love the looks of it:

[​IMG]

11. Very pretty, indeed!!!

12. I've carried them on vacation but I just can't warm up to them at home, so I'm going to say 'not'.

13. I like them, but of course, it depends on the bag

14. :throwup:

15. I don't use them much at home, but I do like them for vacations with summer dresses. I have a cute one from J Crew. It is about $50.00 and has really nice leather handles.