Strap on the new fall shoulder bag

1. For all of you that have seen the new fall shoulder bag with the long strap: Do you think it is in proportion to the rest of the bag?
    Does it look substantial enough to hold up over time?
    It looked like the strap wasn't strong enough to me. (not thick enough and not wide enough).
    Please give me your thoughts. Thank you!

2. Which bag style is this? Are you talking about the Edith or the Betty or the Paddy? All of these have new styles with the strap.

Edith - Definitely, however they have not rectified the problems with the pockets.

Paddy - Yes, definitely

Betty - Not sure about the one with the chain, but the others are just fine.

So I guess for all the 3, the answer would be yes!

3. The paddy is the only one I have seen. It just looked kinda insubstantial to me.

4. I saw it on the new Edith and it was quite a wide strap, but totally detachable. I prefer a bag with out any shoulder straps, but this bag was nice.

This Edith had a wide buckle flap that went over the zippered top. Cute, but wrong color for me. It was a greyish green, pretty but not for me.

Rai

5. Sorry for the confusion. The strap is not detachable. The shoulder bag is a new style for fall. They are calling it the long strap paddington.
    There is a photo of it in the thread for new fall styles at Nordstroms.
    Unless someone has actually seen it, the photo is not really helpful.
    Thanks again for any opinions.

6. I'm assuming that you are talking about the choco paddy shoulder bag. Yes, the long strap is substantial and is proportional to the size of the bag. It is also detachable as my SA even offered to punch an extra hole for me so I can turn it into messenger bag.

7. Are you referring to the new style hobo that has the lock sort of in the middle of one side of the bag? I saw the bag at Saks today and the strap is fine, and the bag is a nice size.

8. Yes, that's the one. Thank you for your input. It's always good to hear from someone other than a SA.

9. ^ Have you seen this bag in person? There is an open center compartment between 2 zipped pockets on the top, plus there are pockets on each side of the bag. I was tempted to buy one, but I am on lock restriction - own too many paddingtons already. However, I think the bag can be used without the lock - and it would not look like something was missing because the lock only goes through the circles on the zippers.

10. Yes, I did see the bag, but I'm not 100% that it is the same one you're describing. The one I saw does NOT have a detachable shoulder strap. The padlock doesn't have to be used because of the way the zipper is done. I really liked that particular aspect as I don't like the padlock.

11. ^^Is this the one you are talking about? This is the bag that cougess and I were describing.

shoulder bag.jpg
  12. Hooray!!! Yes, that's the one. Thanks so much for posting a photo. I've got one ordered, but I don't know if I should keep it. I wanted a shoulder bag and one that doesn't have to use a lock. I love the Chloe leather and the slouchiness. I'm just not sure of the look of this particular bag.

13. This bag is gorgeous!! I loved it when I saw it at Nordstrom that I had to take a pic of it. The strap does come off so you can make it shorter/longer. And the bag is not so big and not at all heavy. What color did you get? I loved the choco and the creme colors.

14. I didn't know the strap could come off. I ordered it in chocolate.
    The strap didn't look skimpy to you compared to the size of the bag?

15. No, I think the strap is fine. I wouldn't worry about it. :smile: