Strap on Legacy shoulder bag

1. I went to Coach yesterday looking for a black cross-body bag. So of course I ended up with this...

10328_B4WY-1_d2.jpg

[​IMG]

Yes, the exact opposite of what I went to buy. The Legacy leather shoulder bag in whiskey! Oh man, I cannot express how much I love it. It's like someone at the company took a list of everything I'd want in my perfect bag and came up with that. As soon as I tried it on, I knew I had to get it. I'll try and post pictures of me wearing it and with stuff in it in the next couple of days.

But for now, my question is whether anyone knows anything about getting an alternate strap for it. It has metal loops on either end that look like that's what they could be used for. If I could attach a longer strap to it occasionally then I'd get even more use out of it than I will as it is. The SA said she's hoping that the company might offer alternate straps for some of the Legacy bags at some point.

Does anyone know if they've done that before - sold straps separately? I could try using the one off my khaki/gold signature swingpack but it wouldn't look right.

2. I have no idea, but I would be interested to know, too. I recently got this bag and I love it. It's pretty close to perfect. Now I want the Ali!

3. I called Coach about alternate straps i.e. for hippie to wear it across the body or short on the shoulder. They said that they were not available. (I thought that I might try b/c LV offers alternate straps.)

4. Thanks MandB and Purseaddict**! Even without the extra strap, I still love love love the bag.

(PS - posting pics in another thread).