Strangers with Candy (the movie)

1. It's either you love it or you don't! Based on the short-lived series Strangers with Candy on Comedy Central.

Plot Outline: A prequel to the critically acclaimed series featuring Jerri Blank, a 46 year-old ex-junkie, ex-con who returns to high school in a bid to start her life over. (taken from imdb.com)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCAY4YWfbwc

Any fans out there? Thoughts on the movie?

[small voice]Noblet/Jellineck 4 eva![/small voice]

2. I am SOOOOO excited for this. I saw the trailer a few weeks ago and it made me laugh out loud. But I did read a review in a magazine and it was not good. But I have faith!! It's gonna have some awesome cameos. I love the show and I really can't wait to see the movie!

3. I LOVED the TV show and hope the movie is just as hilarious!!!

4. I agree! I loved the seris , and Steven Colbert was sooo funny in it as well!:roflmfao:

5. Thank goodness! I thought on this forum who wanted to see it!

:yahoo:
    Can't wait!

I tend not to listen to 'critics'. A person's taste in movies, as well as music, books, etc., is subjective. Who's to tell me the movie was bad? I need to watch the movie and make my own decision! :p

6. I have been looking forward to seeing the movie since I first heard it was being made. I loved the series.

7. this series (and ab fab, they were on back to back) always cracked me up! i think the hilarity had to more do with always catching it at three in the morning drugged up on no doz and triple mochas though. :smile: still excited to see the movie...

8. when does this come out??? or is it on cc only?

9. It's hits theaters (worldwide) July 2006.

10. Yeah, I think the time when SWC came on definitely had something (though not everything) to do with it's hilariousness! :roflmfao:

*Does anyone know when/if Strangers with Candy airs on comedy Central?

11. i've never seen the show but i watched the trailer and it doesn't look very funny too me. very SNLish which is a bad thing.

12. That's what a lot of my friends said, but after I made them watch a show, they can't get enough. Again, sometimes people find somethings funny while other people think it's the lamest thing in the world. People are different, that's what makes life fun. It's too bad I'm not 17 yet (I'm close, though!) or else I would be first in line at the theater...

13. I was watching Ebert & Roeper and they both loved it. I can't wait. There is an interview with Amy Sedaris in the Onion AV Club as well.