Stranger Things [Netflix]

Sassys

Please get some Common Sense
O.G.
May 14, 2006
This series is so good. Anyone watching? It stars Winona Ryder.

Stranger Things is an American supernatural science fiction horror web television series created by the Duffer Brothers for Netflix.[2] It was written and directed by Matt and Ross Duffer and executive-produced by Shawn Levy.[3]

The show is set in 1980s Indiana and is an homage to 1980s pop culture, including the works of Steven Spielberg, John Carpenter,[lStephen King, Rob Reiner and George Lucas[13] A young boy vanishes mysteriously, and a telekinetic girl appears, who helps the boy's friends in their attempt to find him, while the chief of police starts his own investigation to find the boy.

The show was released globally on Netflix on July 15, 2016. It received positive reviews for its characterization, pacing, atmosphere, acting, soundtrack, directing, writing, and homages to 1980s genre films.

Reactions: Caz71
I'm watching!!, just finished Episode 3 last night. Love the 80's feel of this show. I'm not much of a "horror" buff...but this show has way more than that going for it. Matthew Modine & Winona Ryder, can't get more 80's than that.

I watched this based on a good review in "what are you watching on Netflix?" I loved it, this would have been "the big summer hit" if it had been on "regular" TV. I had a Ford Pinto (voted the most dangerous car ever or something) and I could not believe they had one on this show (I would hit "pause" when there were interior shots of the Pinto just so I could remember it).

I pretty much binged watched; the little girl was really good, all the kids were.

Wow. What a great way to do nostalgia. This show hit all of the 80s elements: teen flicks, sci-fi, horror, and kid buddy movies. But it still kept it an interesting storyline as to not get bored. The acting of the little girl, Millie Bobby Brown, was outstanding. Really enjoyed this.

Reactions: purseinsanity
I watched this based on a good review in "what are you watching on Netflix?" I loved it, this would have been "the big summer hit" if it had been on "regular" TV. I had a Ford Pinto (voted the most dangerous car ever or something) and I could not believe they had one on this show (I would hit "pause" when there were interior shots of the Pinto just so I could remember it).

I pretty much binged watched; the little girl was really good, all the kids were.

I think this show nails the 80's horror/thriller/sci-fi vibe perfectly. Starting with the opening. It's straight up 80s! Don't get me wrong, the story is well written and acted, but it's cool noticing all the 80's things we had as kids. There was an electric can opener in the shed. I had that one! The flashlight he grabbed in the shed. I had that one! It's a really fun/engaging show even if you weren't a child of the 80s

I think this show nails the 80's horror/thriller/sci-fi vibe perfectly. Starting with the opening. It's straight up 80s! Don't get me wrong, the story is well written and acted, but it's cool noticing all the 80's things we had as kids. There was an electric can opener in the shed. I had that one! The flashlight he grabbed in the shed. I had that one! It's a really fun/engaging show even if you weren't a child of the 80s

The music! (Though I noticed two songs that were out of the timeline. But that happens!) The original soundtrack was pure 80s background music!

I do wonder how those not familiar with 80s culture felt about it.

Reactions: Creativelyswank