Strange post, but... Does anyone own a DYSON vacuum?

Oh I got a killer price too. On the Dyson website, it says that the DC-15 Animal should be offered for $599, I got it for $480 on eBay. The vacuum was never used, and the box was never opened. I love it...

I had to resurrect this thread because I love all the info everyone has shared.... :tender:

I plan to get the Dyson D14 (with the wheels) Animal sometime in the next couple of weeks...my Hoover is dying and I need a new vacuum. I can't wait!

I cannot say enough good things about my Dyson! I adore it! I have wall to wall carpeting throughout my living room (big area!) and a dog, a cat, and kids running around all day. it does a great job! i use it every single day since I bought it a year and half ago and it has never broken down. it is still like new-and that is a lot more than I could say for all the other vaccuums I have owned over the years!

The hose has so much suction power that I need 2 hands to hold on to it!

It is worth every single penny!

I agree with Savannah. Ours was great at first then after a year or so lost it's suction and is useless. We've had it serviced twice now and it barely does anything. We've now got the Miele Cat & Dog and it's fabulous!

RobbieNEmmy said:
I'm a straight up clean freak, lets just start with that.

I'm renting out a house for college and obviously need a vacuum. I want the best. I've seen SO many ads for these cleaning machines, and always think to myself... "Are they really THAT good??". I went to Sears today to look at one in person, and was impressed, but what about y'all? Can you vouch for it's performance, or not? It's a lot of money to waste on a vacuum, especially if it doesn't work!!! :P

I have the animal hair one and I love it. I do find myself emptying the canister quite often though. But thats because it just can't stop sucking!!!!

We have a Dyson Animal and I used to love it. The darn thing keeps breaking on me (the hose and the beater bar.) Surprisingly, the issue isn't with the hair from my 2 dogs...it's my long hair that seems to clog the thing up. :shrugs:

My husband wants to toss it and get a new vacuum after having the Dyson for only 3 years.

I love our Dyson! I could seriously never own another vacuum. We have two dogs and used to have to purchase a new vacuum every year (Hoover, the Shark, Dirt Devil, etc) We have had the Dyson for about 2-3 years and it is perfect. When we got our carpet professionally steam cleaned the guy actually asked us what type of vacuum we used because we had the cleanest carpets he had seen. He told us that even the pad underneath our carpet was cleaned (the Dyson is that strong). He was shocked when we told him we had two large dogs.

I don't own one, but one of my good friends does. She (well, more likely her husband) always vacuums her place before I come over because I am allergic to her cats. Prior to the Dyson, I had to load up on antihistamines and I'd still be sneezing and coughing. After they got it, I could hang out there for hours, no problem. I love that thing and it isn't even mine!! :smile:

We got the Dyson DC-15 with the ball....it's awesome! Fortunately for me PHH was so excited about his new "toy" that he's been vacuuming every day! :yahoo:

coco-nut said:
I LOVE my Miele!!

Sorry I haven't tried the Dyson, but I'd urge anyone to consider a Miele, especially if they prefer canister-style vacuums, and have animals and small children. I have the "Blue Moon." Btw, my bi-weekly housekeeper also endorses it. She uses over a dozen different vacuums regularly and says our Miele is the best.

i love miele too! my mother's always had a miele and practically forced me to buy one but it's great :lol:

We have a yellow one... it looks fancy but the thing sure is heavy.
Also, since the day we got it, if it brushes against the side of a wall, it makes this LOUD buzzing sound (that scares the crap out of me everytime).
I would rather have a small, lightweight vacuum that gets the job done, IMO