Strange Bidding

Yeah, I found a bunch of those and wondered the same thing. No way to tell wether it is shill or not, but it sure looks suspiscious. I think I saw something on the PS board about a new rule coming for anonymus bidders, it must reach a certain amount first.......ebay must be on to them

I just bought a mj bag and it was very frustrating with this new system-no way to check anyone out-no way to see if the bidding is suspect-are these people bidding on all her stuff to drive up the price? I do not trust ebay to check out all the auctions-the only way was for buyers to catch it and turn it in. There is no way to check on anything anymore. I do not like it at all. I feel like I don't have all the info I need.

ebay is now hiding bidders names. My friend bid on an auction I was going to bid on and her name looked like that as well. Is that what you mean?

Or are you talking about the $5 increments?

That is ebay's new way of hiding bidder names to protect people from fake 2nd chance offers. For awhile they had "bidder 1, bidder 2" etc but it encouraged shilling. I don't know if the new way is going to be better or not.