Stitching on Black Hayden Harnett Suki Bag...

1. For some reason I was under the impression that the Black HH Suki bag had white contrast stitching.

I just received the bag today, and it has yellow contrast stitching, and I don't know what I think about it.

Can any of you shed any light on the color of their contrast stitching, and how you feel about it?

Thank you!
  2. The color on my black Ana is more of a beige, rather than yellow. It doesn't bother me, but I know that there are some who don't like contrast stitching of any kind.
  3. Well - hmmm. My response really hasn't anything to do with your bag, but on my black Inka - horrible stark white contrast stitching. I am ashamed (and peculiarly delighted!) to say that I spent a quite enjoyable afternoon coloring it all with black non-toxic (no smell!) permanent black marker. I am much happier. 99% of the time I don't notice or mind contrast stitching - but that white on the black just drove me insane.

Don't know what you'd do about yellow vs. white - if it drives you nuts, you could always color it black and then it disappears and no worries!
  4. indiaink, you are so clever. I never would have thought of doing that! Did it work well? Did it dye all the way through the thread?
  5. stitching on my Suki is kinda off-white, I could see where a person might call it yellow. I think indiaink's idea is a good one, and a good way to keep a child occupied for a while, too!
  6. Could you show us a pic?
  7. Here is a picture from the HH website. You can see the yellowish thread.....Thanks!

8. Yes, it colored all the thread. I have a marker with two ends, one fat and one narrow, and depending on how small or what area I was coloring, used the appropriate end.

NOW hover, I'm not sure I'd entrust the job to a child - unless you made sure she/he wouldn't color any other parts. I was careful to stick to the thread area.

I'm at work right now, or I'd take a photo and post - I'll try to do that later this evening. I'm currently carrying the black Inka so it won't be any trouble. I'll take a photo of the pen I used too.

9. I actually like the contrast stiching but that's just me! It makes the bag more casual, almost like the stiching on a pair of jeans.
  10. But you see I have a very artistic goddaughter, who's also a genius in every other way, and beautiful. And I'm so bad at art I'd end up coloring the whole bag, and my hands, and the furniture, and my nose.