Stinky Bag on eBay and Seller Will NOT Accept Returns!??!

OK, the seller has received the "stinky" bag back and says nothing is wrong with it at all, this is AFTER she wrote me that she would happily refund my money including s&h and my return s&h once she received the bag back. So now she leaves me an email at 2:00 PM today saying nothing is wrong with the bag, but she will refund the money for the bag only and no s&h.....

Is you claim still open with PayPal, or did you close it after she agreed to refund you? If it's still open, I would escalate it so that PayPal will decide the outcome as to if you will get your shipping back. If you claim is still open, PayPal should be holding the entire amount of money you paid to her from her account. Hopefully you left it open. It's always best to do so until you have your money back. I hope it works out for you, and keep us posted! :smile:

Escalate your paypal dispute to a claim. Thru this process, you will be able to request a FULL refund which includes shipping, the entire payment made to the seller. FYI, a buyer and seller can mutually agree to a lesser amount, but that must be mutually agreed to. I have been in your position, having a seller try and tell me how it was going to be, didn't want to refund shipping. Well, no. I insisted, long story short...filed a SNAD claim and received my my entire payment credited back to me.

You are doing the right thing. Make sure to also forward the email to paypal she sent to you about the refund.

**I am also concerned about authenticity as another pfer mentioned. Strong unpleasant odors like you describe don't usually come from something authentic. What makes me wonder about this more now is that the seller having the bag back says there is no smell, nothing wrong with the bag.

Good luck to you.

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Most people that smoke or deal in smelly substances don't notice bad smells on things.

I got a similar scare just now when a I opened a package with my brand new vintage Gucci bag in it. The first thing that hit my poor nose was the strong gaging stale cigarette smell. After unwrapping the bubble wrap, the smell of someone's grandma's perfume hit me. By then I am like oh god, what did I buy. By the time I opened the inner box, my nose was at peace with no smell at all coming from my little Gucci... The seller must've just used recycled bubble wrap and I have no idea where the perfume came from...

Good luck with your claim and all!

OK, GET THIS: Today I get an email from paypal entitled: You have received a payment from XXXXXXX. I click on it and the stupid seller sent me a refund in the form of a PAYMENT, so then Paypal charged me a fee to accept this "payment" instead of her doing a refund through the inital transaction. So now I have paid $40 in S&h and THEN a $9.48 fee from Paypal to accept my refund "payment"! What an idiot! The she had the nerve to send me a mutual agreement thru eBay so she can get her seller's fees back on the transaction! She keeps emailiing me saying "I don't want bad feedback", "I don't want my 100% to drop".... I thought about refusing her "payment" then escalating the claim on Paypal, but can I do this? Or should I just leave it alone now and call it a learning experience? I am pretty much over the whole thing, now that this has cost me nearly $50 out of pocket with NOTHING in return! AAAAAAAK! I just wanted to scream when I saw she did the refund that way!

I wouldn't back down, if I were you, Cooper1. She screwed you out if the shipping cost, then that Paypal fee and she came out ahead. Nope, I wouldn't let her get her eBay fees back; let her have a taste of how it feels...:boxing:

Sweetie, definitely have the seller refund your payment correctly. That's ridiculous, I wouldn't let that go.

I would call paypal and see exactly how to go about this the best way. They have been very helpful when I've called. Good luck.

Sweetie, definitely have the seller refund your payment correctly. That's ridiculous, I wouldn't let that go.

I would call paypal and see exactly how to go about this the best way. They have been very helpful when I've called. Good luck.

Thank you all so much! This is so bizarre! I have never had this kind of experience on eBay. To be honest, I buy alot of things for my house on eBay (light fixtures, switch plate covers, etc.) but I don't have very much experience buying things like handbags, and this has been a very UNSAVORY experience! I think I am officially completely turned off!
Thanks Bella Fiore, I think that is exactly what I will do. I will cal Paypal (I guess on Monday; I assume they won't be open tomorrow) and see what they have to say. I, like anyone else, don't have money to burn, and although I can put this whole experience in perspective, it still doesn't make it right.
I will keep you posted after I talk to Paypal.
Thanks everyone~ You are all so awesome and helpful! I really would NOT know what to do without you!
:okay:

Call PAYPAL and do nothing else - including communicate with her - until you talk to them...Tell them the Start to Finish...You haven't accepted the Payment from her yet have you?!? IF not DON'T

Thank you all so much! This is so bizarre! I have never had this kind of experience on eBay. To be honest, I buy alot of things for my house on eBay (light fixtures, switch plate covers, etc.) but I don't have very much experience buying things like handbags, and this has been a very UNSAVORY experience! I think I am officially completely turned off!
Thanks Bella Fiore, I think that is exactly what I will do. I will cal Paypal (I guess on Monday; I assume they won't be open tomorrow) and see what they have to say. I, like anyone else, don't have money to burn, and although I can put this whole experience in perspective, it still doesn't make it right.
I will keep you posted after I talk to Paypal.
Thanks everyone~ You are all so awesome and helpful! I really would NOT know what to do without you!
:okay:

You're welcome cooper. I think Paypal takes phone calls 7 days a week, but particular hours. Try calling tomorrow. Good luck and keep us posted.

I wouldn't bother with the seller anymore, you have contacted them and they refused to work with you.....I would be opening a SNAD claim now, before the seller has the chance to empty their account. Do not send back the item until instructed by Paypal.

ITA. :yes:

Do NOT send the bag back, whatever you do; copy the item number, go to your My eBay page and click on the 'Dispute Console' link (on the lefthand side) and follow the instructions from there. :tup:

ETA: Oh dear, I should have read on before posting...

OK, thanks for all the great the ideas, ladies!
I contacted Paypal today and here's what they said to do. They said to go ahead and REFUND the payment the seller sent and then to escalate the claim for a full refund. So, that is what I did, including the tracking # and letting them know I have email proof that the seller tolf me she would give a full refund for the bag and s&h when she received it back in case they need such info. They said there is nothing they can do to get back the return shipping fees, but they can get me back the entire initial full payment. Hey, that's great to me! I'll be out less money than I would be otherwise with this crazy seller!
I hope the claim goes in my favor! How does this generally work?

She has 10 days (11) to respond. The funds should be held in her account (hopefully they are there-we know at least some will be there because you sent back what she sent you) - if she doesn't respond you automatically will be refunded everything except the return shipping-if she responds and contests you will be able to attach the emails that she sent which indicate she would refund full amount... Should go your way... be sure to attach everything you can relating to the issue... Good Luck!!
H

This happened to me last year when I purchased a LV tango advertised as like new used only a hand full of times. When I received it, it looked like used a hand full of years, stunk, dirty, etc. I nicely asked the seller for a refund and she acted like I was making it up. I made a claim with ebay, they didn't care told me to go to paypal since I paid thru them. Paypal was full of BS, send me on a wild goose chase. The end result was I was stuck with a stinky bag over 400.00 Canadian and ended selling it back on ebay for 150.00. Both ebay and paypal sucks, paypal favoured the seller saying a description is a matter of personal opinion. HELLO, there is a big difference between a like new bag and a stinky beat up piece of junk!

Oh, and friging paypal had the nerve to freeze my account for 3 months because they said I was making a faulty claim, you believe that>

I would try to fight as far as you can and good luck!