stiff zippers...

1. Hi everyone!

I went to the LV boutique yesterday and was looking at the Sarria Mini. It was so cute but the zipper was so stiff! The SA told me that it's supposed to zip smoothly in one direction and stiff the other for security reasons...:hrmm:

Do you find the zippers "stiff" on your bags? Is there something you do about it?
    The zipper is super smooth on the speedy but I'm wondering if all bags with double zippers are stiff? e.g Alma, Jasmin, etc.
  2. I find that some zippers are stiffer on some purses than others but it has nothing to do with direction. Welcome to PF!:flowers:
  3. Mine's not stiff at all.
  4. The zipper on my mc trouville was a little stiff at first, but it was smooth after a few times of using it.
  5. The zipper on my Alma is stiff. I usually leave her open... that's the only thing that really annoys me... :cry: On my Lodge, the zipper also is a little stiff sometimes, probably because the top is bowed - the zipper on my Denim Speedy is absolutely smooth.
  6. Hmmmmm.......well, I do believe your SA is off their rocker with that explantion. At any rate, a little bit of WD-40 on the teeth applied with a Q-tip will cure your problem. Just run a little bit over the teeth and then pull the zipper back and forth several times to get it all lubed up! I just had to do that with my Isabella Fiore bag and now it works like a charm!
  7. Baloney. (refering to the SA)

I have found that the double zippers on my LV bags do tend to be somewhat stiffer than the single-zippered bags. I think it's just simply the nature of the design (ie, the way the double zippers wrap around the sides of the structured bags). I've gotten used to it and they become less stiff over time with regular usage, so I wouldn't worry about it. :smile:

BTW, Goobs: your guinea pig avatar is adorable! :love:
  8. My Saleya zipper is smooth as silk and has been since it was new. I think it's the mark of a good zipper!

Putting a tiny bit of WD-40 on it should clear it up immediately tho.
  9. An alternative to the WD40 is running a wax candle stick over the teeth of your zipper. I've never tried this, however a member at the board suggested this for the very same reason.
    I've never had a stiff zipper so, again, I've never tried it.
    I'd be hesitant to use WD40 as I'd be afraid it runs on the bag's material.
  10. Thanks for your replies!
    I might consider getting the sarria mini next time...ended up getting the Marais yesterday because I was so turned off by the zipper. hehe
  11. Thanks eyelove! :yes:

That's my Poops....I have 2 more piggies. Gotta say, love the pigs more than my LV bags. :biggrin:
  12. I think the SA's comment was totally off.:blink: :blink: :blink:

Some of my LV's zippers are stiff, but they have gotten smoother with time without any lubricants. :yes:

Hey! I also picked up the Marais yesterday! Great minds think alike! :biggrin:
  13. :lol:. Just for fun, when you use your Marais, you should put the guinea pigs in there and take them out for a walk. That would look cute, eh? :biggrin:
  14. Creative reason though but I don't think so. However, I do find the zippers on my ribera mini stiff from both directions.
  15. The zipper on my Manhattan PM is a bit stiff...either it is smoothing out after use or I am getting used to it.