Steven Spielberg's SMASH - Monday Nights on NBC

I dont like ivy at all but she does have a terrific voice. K mcphee does have a fantastic voice as well and is much prettier!

I do hope that even if the show gets cancelled, they can at least wrap up the storyline.

i could really do without the two characters having a love affair (the married ones)

ivy is a bit neurotic. love her voice though. the one song gives me chills (the one where they were dancing on the couch and they fell mid-song)

i could really do without the two characters having a love affair (the married ones)

ivy is a bit neurotic. love her voice though. the one song gives me chills (the one where they were dancing on the couch and they fell mid-song)

Completely agree with the bolded part!

Has anyone else noticed that there is always someone watching/listening when two other characters are privately conversing? A little too much of that plot device, IMO.

On the other hand, I love Eileen more each episode... she ROCKS!!!!

I read somewhere that although the ratings have dropped off from the premier that they expect to renew the series for next season. From what I understand, the higher ups at the network are really behind this show and are hoping to use it as a springboard for the network. They said they're committed to quality scripted TV during the 10/9 o'clock hour and this show is exactly what they're looking for.

I'm loving each and every episode more and more. The music is fantastic - I love how they mix original songs with current, top 40 hits. I loved Katherine McFee's SHAKE IT OUT! Really good. And even though I'm not an Ivy fan, I really like the actress and think she has an amazing voice. Loved the song she sang in her room, right before she saw "Marilyn" in the mirror. I'm also not a fan of the affair story between Julia and Tom & think its a little unbelievable. He's being too pushy and I can't imagine her giving in so easily (how hard would it have been to just stay home in bed with your husband instead of meeting your ex-lover at the studio?)

And I've been waiting all season to see Thorsten Kaye (Zach from AMC) make an appearance since I read it a while back - and there he was as a bartender w/o more than one line! (something like, "what can I get you?). C'mon! That's it? I thought he had some role in the show! :tdown:

And I've been waiting all season to see Thorsten Kaye (Zach from AMC) make an appearance since I read it a while back - and there he was as a bartender w/o more than one line! (something like, "what can I get you?). C'mon! That's it? I thought he had some role in the show! :tdown:

I don't know the actor but I don't think you have to worry, I'm sure the bartender will be back, they were so foreshadowing something bewteen him and anjelica huston hardcore, it wasn't even subtle. I mean she got an apartment on the les, the next step in the storyline is slumming it with a bartender.

Really? Sorry to say, but I loved that scene when they were in the empty studio. I thought it was such a sensual scene when they were just standing there (with their shirts off LOL!) without touching one another.

BTW, as far as the songs, I love the song, "History is Made at Night." I cannot stop humming! :P

I am so obsessed when they are seen in studio about to rehearse lol. Other scenes im like okay okay, move on then STUDIO! YES! :smile:

Ivy has a nice voice but Karen is just MAIN STAR ! :smile:

I kinda feel like they're dragging everything out and not moving the story along. Nothing much happened in the last 2 episodes. Ivy is really starting to get on my nerves. She is acting so unprofessional in rehearsals with Derek. She should not be sleeping with him. It's clearly affecting her ability to perform. She needs to learn how to keep her personal feelings and professional feelings separate. ugh she's so annoying. When are they gonna give Karen the lead??

I kinda feel like they're dragging everything out and not moving the story along. Nothing much happened in the last 2 episodes. Ivy is really starting to get on my nerves. She is acting so unprofessional in rehearsals with Derek. She should not be sleeping with him. It's clearly affecting her ability to perform. She needs to learn how to keep her personal feelings and professional feelings separate. ugh she's so annoying. When are they gonna give Karen the lead??

i keep wondering myself if that's how things work "in the business" lol. obviously someone wouldn't be able to get away with yelling at the director like she does when she has a hissy fit, right?? i mean she's not a 'star' yet.

i do however like that they are kinda getting away from the marilyn story line with karen.... now she has another adventure to pursue.

and poor guy is getting fired cause of the affair! bummer for him.