Stepping out of the Black Box

kstyle

O.G.
Oct 25, 2006
Does anyone else have problems with only buying Coach in black. It's the first color I always choose, I guess because I feel its a safe color and for the price that I pay, it will go with anything all year around.

The most expensive Coach purse I've bought was red leather. I already have a black purse and a brown purse that I use on a regular basis, so I don't want more of the same or similar things. I'm always trying to find new things.

I used to only go for black bags, but recently with that whiskey color in the legacy line I've been branching out. I figured it was time I got something a little bit different.

Does anyone else have problems with only buying Coach in black. It's the first color I always choose, I guess because I feel its a safe color and for the price that I pay, it will go with anything all year around.
I have 13 purses/bags in my collection (Coach, Kate Spade and MJ) and every single one of them are black with the exception of my Legacy Signature Shoulder Zip in khaki signature/black leather trim. I have tried other colors but I just can't do it. I always wear black shoes, including black sandals in the summer, so I always match. Don't feel bad because you aren't the only one!! :shame:

Most of the Coach bags I purchased were somehow in the brown family, so I guess you could say I was in the "brown box". :yes: However, I suddenly got the urge to start mixing it up and got a few black ones and now have my sights set on POND, for sure.

I guess it is all a matter of what speaks to you. I don't want to buy a bag because of how safe it will be though - I want to buy it because it grabbed me and said, HEY, you gotta buy me! (Unfornuately, I must be the Dr. Dolittle of bags, because that has been happening alot lately!!!):wlae:

All of my bags, wristlets, and skinnies are black sig, except for one a Citron East/West duffle. So you're not the only one who's into black. I like the black signature because it clearly the "Coach" signature, but in a somewhat more understated way. IMHO I think anything in black sig has a very classy, put together look. :yes:

I actually have the opposite problem! All my Coach bags are brown, I own not one black Coach!!!!! I am going to have to step out of my brown box, I guess!

I know how you feel, Black is a safe box. I'm starting to step out alittle...with color, color is good. Take your time, only you know what makes you comfortable. You want to love the things you purchase.

Every bag I own is black. I don't like bright colors, and most of my clothes, and shoes are black. So pretty much every bag always matches and I can choose by what bag I feel like carrying that day. Black is my fav color and I feel most comfortable in it. I wear it all summer long, don't care. I also only like black signature bags...mainly because I love signature print yet the other colors seem to scream too loudly. I actually considered getting a white leather carly because its beautiful but It's a bag I want to use for awhile (school bag) and I know the white is going to show dirt quickly. I thought I was the only one with a black fetish :nuts:

I purposely tried not to get too many black bags anymore but I tend to wear them the most:shame:

I do LOVE my legacy whiskey shoulder bag though and will probably carry it more in spring again!:yes:

i actually don't have a lot of black bags. i think maybe 2 in my collection. i always seem to like red bags a lot. but recently i bought the whiskey from their legacy collection and i love that color.

I'm like fayden - I only have 2 black bags in my collection. Everything else is some type of color (lots of khaki) or pattern. Basic black is timeless and always classic though.