Stealing at Coach Boutique...

I posted a similar thread a while back about the time I was walking around in a Coach boutique, and I saw a man stick a wallet up his shirt. I told the SA and there was nothing they could do about it unless they were the ones to see him (although they believed me, and when they checked the inventory that night, that wallet came up missing)
I was so shooken up by the whole ordeal, that I actually called corporate about the lack of security at their stores, and how its the loyal customers who end up paying for it in the end. They said security sensors and video camera's dont go along with their "luxury image", but if your gonna have a store in a mall right next to Foot Locker, come on now. Thats just plain naive- and like I said, we pay the price. All that missing inventory has got to be paid for somehow, why not jack up the prices for the paying customers. So sad.

ITA!!!!!! I could not have said it better myself. COACH doesn't care b/c loyal fans will continue to pay rising prices. I understand not wanting to alienate regulars by chaining all the items down (b/c yes it is a hassle to get someone to unlock a case for you to look at something) but come on, at what point does someone have to give? And there are numerous high-end stores (some with exclusive access) that post security guards at the door. On one hand, it is a cost issue. On the other, they don't want regulars complaining.

So ladies, let's all try to be the ones praising COACH when they post someone at the door rather than the ones haggling the guard (not that anyone here would do that, I'm just sayin).

Some high-end stores even let you know upon entering that your bags are subject to being searched by the guard upon your exit (Gucci in Manhattan used to do this I'm pretty sure).