Staying power of the cloudy bundle bowler?

1. I love the cloudy bundle bowler, but I'm wondering, is it a "trendy" bag or is it something I could wear for years without looking dated? $2,300 is a lot to spend on something that I won't use after a year or so. Here's a pic that I borrowed from Socal out of the reference library:

What do you guys think?
  2. I think the bowler or satchel shape is classic. This bag will stand the test of time, IMO.
  3. I have the black, and I plan to use it for many years to come. It is not trendy at all IMO.
  4. I agree with gwen10 - the bowler shape is key, a classic silhouette. What color were you thinking of?
  5. The bowler has a classic/timeless shape and look to it.

FYI: There is one just like that one in the picture new w/tags on eBay (see the link here tPF under shopping eBay seller-last page for $2199?, and new black one (last one) at NM/Newport Beach- retail $2295
  6. I agree with all of the posters above. The bowler is such a classic shape, that you will be able to wear it for years to come.

-Stephanie (pond23)
  7. Thanks for all your opinions! I'm not sure about the color, but I know I definitely won't be getting black as I don't wear a lot of black. I was thinking either the beige (like the one in the picture) or this salmony pink color. I saw the pink one in person and at first, I didn't think it would be practical, but now it's really growing on me. It's more of a neutral than you would think!
  8. I don't think the CB ligne came in pink. There's white (beige really), the one in the pic is called Khaki, gray and black.
  9. It came in a salmon pink color but not a lot of stores ordered it.
  10. i've seen this "pink" CB bag but i thought it was more coral in color. it's TDF...i wish i'd bought it when i saw it as i can't seem to find it anymore.
  11. ldldb - the "pink" one i saw was at the bellagio chanel shop in vegas over 4th of july weekend. not sure if it's still there though, but maybe you can give them a call?

yeah, i think it's funny that the one word color descritption on the tag of this bag doesn't really describe the true color at all! the white is really beige and the pink is really salmony/coral.
  12. i LOVE this bag -- have it in black and khaki. it's deliciously soft, classically shaped (with minimal hardware) and roomy (but not overwhelming). GET IT!
  13. The shape is classic. It will never go out of style.