Staying home on Memorial Day?

1. We are. Don't like traffic. Don't like crowds. Bar-B-Qing in our own backyard and just relaxing. (I did venture out to Nordies though and bought myself a Michael Kors bangle watch!)
    :p

Whats everyone else up to this weekend?

2. I'm staying in with Kyliereese. Our significant others (they're bestfriends) are at the lake. We're just relaxing and eating lots of junk food :biggrin:

3. A neighbor who owns a resturant threw a bar b q and this is what was on the menu:
    Bar B Q ribs and chicken, greens, mac and cheese, yams, cornbread, homemade beans, potato salad, cole slaw, peach cobbler and sweet potato pie.
    Can you say fat and happy?

4. i did everything the past 3 days. I went to the beach 3 days in a row, and Fashion Island twice this weekend already.

However, the actual Memorial Day will be spent doing laundry.

I start my new job on Tuesday! Woo hoo!

5. us too!! watching everyone on the news fighting the 4 hour backup to the beach....LOL. I've been to places in my own area I havent been because there are no traffic jams and not alot of people. Its great. I love staying home during holidays. I can go to the beach during the week when everyone else is at work!!!:biggrin:

6. Relaxing at home too! We love to bbq, I have stress all day at work and figured I didn't need to fight the traffic getting to the shore!

7. Spent all weekend at work and will spend tommorow at work, making time and a half, but wishing I were at the beach.
    Retail blows.

8. We just had everyone over for a BBQ today.

9. I think I gained 5 lbs just reading your post! Sounds yummy - thats what holidays are for!

10. There is a 3/4 sized replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial ("the wall" as it is more familiarly called) is being displayed locally.

Very powerful.

And at the moment I am watching the annual Memoria Day concert on PBS.

11. We'll be visiting with DH's mom tomorrow. Actually we've been at his mom's, dad's and uncles all weekend and I swear I've gained five pounds! its rediculous!! But tomorrow beforehand we're going biking, and taking Maya for a walk.

12. i work all weekend, but usually i don't leave the house on busy weekends (ie all summer long in my tiny beachy tourist town! hehehe) if i can help it . however it wasn't super busy at the restaurant today, just normal spring weekend traffic because it's raining which kept people home...i totally forgot it was memorial day weekend. i wanted to go see x3...made it all the way to the theater before i realized how crowded it was going to be (circled our little theater's parking lot twice!)...not worth it. we'll go on tuesday. :smile:

13. PHH had to work at the hospital this weekend(hey..someones gotta!!!LOL!)..so my daughter and I baked,and went out to dinner in a normally busy restaurant...it was dead! .....that part I liked!...I think I just gained 5 pounds in one day...argh......Wanted to go to the beach but between the traffic and the new puppy..I am grounded for a while!!!!!

14. Will be staying home most of the time tomorrow. Need to get some work done, but maybe meet up with friend afterward.....

15. We are staying home too! My husband is in a three day baseball championship all day so we have just been BBQing at home for dinner and the kids have been having water balloon fights all day with each other. Relax Relax Relax...I didnt even go shopping!!!!
    Selena