Stars & Their Cars !!!

1. David Beckham owns a gargantuan selection of cars, which he changes regularly. He has so many cars that apparently when the chairman of Ferrari offered him one of their cars early in 2005 he actually turned the offer down.
    [​IMG]
    David Beckham at the wheel of his GMC Yukon 4x4, Penalara National Park, Spain, January 2004

Beckham owns over seven cars, including a custom built Ferrari, a Porsche 911, a Range Rover, and a Jaguar. One of his first notable cars was a 1996 BMW M3, which he owned back when we has a moderately well-known rising star of the Manchester United squad. This car was later sold for a whopping £90,000 on eBay. The same model, not owned by Beckham, recently sold for only £11,000 and you could probably purchase a brand new BMW M3 for well under the weekly wage of your average globe-trotting Galactico.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Cameron Diaz

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]star of “Charlie’s Angels” used to be great fan of traditional, powerful German cars, owning cars like the Porsche 911 Carrera and Mercedes SL.

Toyota Prius

However they have recently been gathering dust in Diaz’s garage in favour of her most recent purchase: a very eco-friendly Toyota Prius. The car is equipped with a hybrid engine which switches between a conventional petrol engine and an electrical engine depending on conditions and contributes to some of the lowest emissions of any car – useful in smog-laden Los Angeles. "I love my Prius," said Diaz recently, who also said that the batteries on her remaining conventional luxury cars have gone flat from lack of use. Diaz is far from the only one in the Hollywood set to embrace green; other celebrity Prius owners include Gwyneth Paltrow, Ted Danson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jeff Goldblum, Billy Crystal, and Harrison Ford.

3. Madonna
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Since moving to London in 2001, Madonna has run up against one of the biggest problems that afflict car-owners in the capital city: where to park your car - or cars in her case.
    [​IMG]

The singer, who is worth an estimated £235 million, has had a practiced routine starting last year of attending an exclusive gym in the up-market St John's Wood area for twice weekly sessions. She is taken there from her home in a chauffeur-driven limousine, which waits for outside - whereupon the parking wardens pounce. Although the driver does his best to keep moving, this is not always enough. Her cars are thought to have received over fifty tickets since, racking up fines of a minimum of £2,500 - £50 per ticket. If tickets are not paid within 14 days, the fines rise to £100, potentially doubling Madonna's outlay. A spokesman for Westminster City Council, the local authority, was unapologetic however.

"If our attendants are aware that a certain person is parking illegally regularly, they will be targeted. Whether that person is you, or I, or Madonna, they will get fined. By keeping the car moving the driver is skating on very thin ice. The warden could easily argue that although he is moving, he is actually occupying the same space over a period of time."

Madonna's father was a successful motor engineer, and cars-wise Madonna owns - or has owned - the usual plutocratic coellection you might think, including a BMW 7-Series, an Audi A8, and a £270,000 Maybach super-limousine. What is less well known that he is a great fan of the new Mini - she owns a Cooper S, complete with sat-nav to guide her around her new adopted town. In homage to the car, in her song "American Life" she sings "I drive my Mini Cooper and I feel Super Dooper." Other celebrity Mini owners include Sting, Goldie Hawn and Elijah Wood.

4. 50 Cent
    [​IMG]
    50 Cent in his Rolls-Royce Phantom

He spoke recently of wishing to butcher the car and remove its roof, and asking New York car artiste and TV star Funkmaster Flex to do the deed. However, Flex has apparently been trying to talk him out of it. He thinks it would be better to wait for the arrival of the official convertible Rolls-Royce, the 100EX, arriving in 2007. He will be looking after himself though; he recently spent $200,000 bulletproofing two of his cars. The star was shot nine times in an attack before rising to fame.

5. Jodie Marsh

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Jay Leno
    [​IMG]
    The multi-millionaire American talk-show presenter Jay Leno is a dyed-in the-wool car fanatic with a vast collection of over 100 cars that covers vintage, classic and contemporary.
    [​IMG]
    Jay Leno with his Mercedes SLR McLaren at Santa Monica airport

Among many others, late-night Leno owns a Lamborghini Miura, a 1932 Packard Twin Six 12-cylinder coupe, a 1913 Mercer, several Bugattis including the acclaimed Type 57, Duesenbergs, a 1956 Chrysler Imperial, a 1966 Dodge Coronet Hemi, a Dodge Viper, and a 1955 Buick Roadmaster. The multi-million-dollar collection includes several Stanley Steamers from the early 1900s, muscle cars from the 1950s and '60s, an AC 427 Cobra, several Bentleys, a two-cylinder 1916 Auto Car, a 1913 Mercer; a 1909 Baker Electric, a chain-driven, two-cylinder Morgan, a 200-mph McLaren F1 Supercar, a Mercedes SLR McLaren, and several Jaguars. His first vehicle? A 1934 Ford pickup.
    • [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. amazing pictures - thanks

8. Paris Hilton & her new $400,000 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Do you know what your favorite Hollywood Stars have been seen driving? Forbes.com recently featured a list of luxury cars that America’s celebrities own. With tons of money to burn, it’s not a surprise that the list is a veritable showcase of some of the most expensive cars today: with hybrid and horsepower as the main trends. The almost half a million price tag of the Mercedes Benz SLR Mclaren is no big deal for Britney Spears. Paris Hilton drives a Bentley Continental GT priced at $170,000. Meanwhile, superstars Julia Roberts and Leonardo DiCaprio have opted for gas/electric hybrids such as the Toyota Prius, even though they can afford much more expensive cars. Here’s a list of some of the cars of the stars.
    Julia Roberts, Leonardo DiCaprio: Toyota Prius (Base price: $22,305)
    50 Cent: Dodge Charger (Base price: $22,995)
    President George W. Bush: Cadillac DTS limousine (Base price: $42,890)
    Charlize Theron: Land Rover Range Rover (Base price: $74,950)
    Paris Hilton: Bentley Continental GT (Base price: $171,285)
    Lindsay Lohan: Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG (Base price: $185,775)
    Shaquille O’Neal: Rolls-Royce Phantom (Base price: $328,750) [see photo]
    Madonna: Maybach 57 (Base price: $335,250)
    Britney Spears: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (Base price: $452,750)
    Tom Cruise: Porsche 911 (Base price: $71,300)
    Tyra Banks: Lexus SC (Base Price $65,355)

10. I like David and Jay Leno's cars. Nice.

11. This thread makes me jealous...:sad: The cars are insanely beautiful!

12. why would you possibly need more than 7 cars?

13. Bragging rights. :graucho:

14. LOL. Ayla you're too funny... :lol: 'tis why I :heart: you... :yahoo:

I love anything with DB... thanks Prada's Meadow. :yes:

15. cool thread thanks. porsches are what ive grown up around, and i'd say theyre the hottest! but i :heart: continental gts as well!!