SquareTrade

creighbaby

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
I've been looking at SquareTrade and it seems that if someone files a claim and the other person declines to participate, that SquareTrade makes it seem like you have something to hide. I find their position to be really distasteful. They way this is written, if you decide you don't want to participate you are dishonest and have something to hide.

Why respond to a notice from SquareTrade? Responding gives you and the other party the chance to work the problems out, avoid other types of claims or legal proceedings that the other party may pursue to solve the problem, and helps you preserve your reputation as an online buyer or seller.

Responding is quick, easy and FREE. It shows you are honest and have nothing to hide.

SquareTrade is useless for both buyer and seller. It's logo won't boost sales. It's service can't help buyer to recover from rip off sellers....

I used it years ago for a while and concluded that above very soon.

I used Square Trade to have a negative removed from my account. The neg was from a seller who sold me a counterfeit bag. She wanted to mutually remove negative feedback because I left her a neg, but under no circumstances did I want to remove my neg for her. She didn't respond to the inquiry, so my neg was removed and hers was not. In my opinion, it was fair.

a seller once sent me a broken item, made me return it (I paid the shipping fees) and never replaced the item. Then when I left a negative, she left me revenge feedback, saying that I had broken the item. She then wanted to mutually withdraw the feedback, which I refused to do, as she totally deserved hers and I wasn't about to give in to blackmail. The seller then continued to contact Square Trade, and I wrote a few messages explaining my side of the story, and also said that I would not agree to having my feedback removed, and they basically said that there was nothing they could do. Waste of time and money, IMO.