Square Mini reveal & a look at the GHW color differences

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
The square mini was always on my wish list but then everyone told me it wouldn't look good on me cross body because at my height of 5'7" it would be too short. So I figured I'd go for the rectangle mini, however I was never able to get my hands on one.

I had not seen a square mini at a store in person since 2009...crazy right? Long story short, this past weekend I called one of my SA's asking for any black minis and low and behold this bag was being held for another client, who ultimately decided to pass on it. Guess it was my lucky day and I received the bag this afternoon.

So this is the square mini in black lambskin with the light gold hardware. I must say that this hardware is growing on me over the past few hours. At first I wasn't sure on it since it is very pale. I guess you can say it's almost like a 10-14k colored gold as opposed to an 18k gold. It's champagne like, almost a silvery gold. However, I am beginning to think now that it looks very elegant, maybe even more so than Chanel's classic yellow gold which could borderline on dare I say tacky, fake or too blingy. The photo showing the new mini beside my 2008 m/l flap is definitely the most true to color and you can see the difference between the two golds. I do feel this lighter version allows you to wear it easily with both gold and silver but would it look good paired with very yellow gold jewelry? That I'm not too sure about.

The length of the chain seems fine to me. As mentioned I am 5'7" and yes it does sit up higher than a normal cross body bag but I don't feel it's too high at all so to any ladies out there around my height, don't be discouraged to purchase the square mini due to the shorter chain. I measured mine and it comes out to 20 3/4".

But anyway, the bag feels like a dream and fits everything I would need for a night out or or very casual day. What seems great about this style too is that it can easily go with a pair of jeans and a tee, as well as an upscale dress. Very versatile.

Plus dare I say for $2900 it's "cheap"... well for a Chanel that is ;) Thanks for letting me share!

Beautiful bag! I have the mini in exactly the same combination as you. I am loving the lighter gold hardware and I think it can definitely be paired with both gold and silver jewellery. I also think you can wear this bag both casually and dressed up. I too am 5'7" and was hesitant to wear it cross body but seeing it on you, it looks fabulous and doesn't look too short at all. Enjoy your beautiful bag.

Reactions: StarBrite310
I actually really like the light ghw. Like you stated, it's less flashy and dare say 'tacky'. Great choice! Also - I am starting to get into the shorter cross body lengths. I think the length on you is perfect when worn cross body. I've seen a lot of stylists, bloggers, etc wearing the bags shorter like this and am digging the trend. Looks great! Congrats on the lovely bag :smile:

Reactions: StarBrite310