Spring 2008 Trunk Shows @ Barney's

1. Hi everyone! Today I received a card from Barney's -- they're taking appointments for their Balenciaga trunk shows. If you aren't on their mailing list, here's the scoop.

New York
    Madison and Sixty-First
    Thurs Oct 18th and Fri Oct 19th, 10am - 6pm
    212-826-8900 x2152
    The Penthouse

Beverly Hills
    9570 Wilshire Blvd
    Fri Oct 26 and Sat Oct 27th, 10am - 6pm
    310-276-4400 x5588
    Second Floor

San Francisco
    77 O'Farrell St
    Mon Oct 22nd and Tues Oct 23rd, 10am - 6pm
    415-268-3500 x3571
    Third Floor

NY is at the end of this week, and I'm very tempted to find out just how tempted I will be by Electric Blue. :sweatdrop:

2. Wow, thanks so much. Do they show clothing and bags?
    Also can you pre order at these shows?

3. I am very much a Bal noob having started this July, so hopefully one of our veterans can answer!

4. I didn't get my invite yet. I am on their mailing list but I live in CA. Is there any info on what styles and colors will be on hand for us to see? Or will it be all photos and swatches? Thanks for the info!
    :heart:

5. Hmm why would it be on the 2nd floor in BH? The bags are on the bottom first floor.

6. Here are snaps of the enigmatic card! I'll probably call tomorrow and find out some details.

Starbrite -- the Bal counter is on the first floor in NYC, so perhaps the stores are using less public spots so that only those with appointments will be able to see?

Photo 414.jpg Photo 415.jpg
  7. Can we just show up or is it invite only?
    Starbrite, I was thinking the same thing... bags are on the first floor...maybe they're showing the clothes with the bags???

8. Ohhh someone bring back spy pics LOL

9. Last time Barney's had a trunk show, it was the clothes only. But I know they've shown bags in the past, so it's possible.

10. I got mine yesterday, I am pretty sure this is for clothes with maybe a few bags. This is not primarily for handbags.

11. last year, they had all their new line/colors all on the 1st floor in the BH store, but that was after the show. they were everywhere, in the windows, counters, etc. they leave them laying around for quite some time.

don't know if it's invite only at the BH store - they are pretty laid back there, i'm sure you could just pop in...

EDIT - i just called and they said just to show up! no RSVP needed. they will have both clothes and bags :tup:

12. Yes I agree with Twig- somebody bring back some pictures please!

13. trunk show? yay! btw, OT but... wheres ICB lately? ICB usually bring back great comments/descriptions from trunk shows and sometimes even spy pics if I can remember properly...

14. Just spoke with Barneys SF and the SA confirmed that they will be carrying Bbags starting December 07'

15. i got my invite today and was hoping they would have bags. it is definite! gotta check out colors!!!