Spinoff Question: How about Tall Women and Birkin 30?

1. Mizzle's thread about petite women and 35s got me wondering. Are there tall women who prefer to carry the 30?

2. Good question! I'm 5.9" and very thin, and when I tried on what the SA "said" was a Birkin 30, it looked too small. However, it was SO small that after seeing pics of other tall women with 30's I believe what they showed me was smaller than a 30 (25?). In any case, I'd love to try a 30 so that I have a "going out in the evening/casual when I don't want to carry a Kelly" Birkin since I think the 35 is too big for that (but perfect otherwise). So I'm curious to see what others think....

3. I saw pictures of Brooke shield with her 30cm birkin and other celebrities.. i think 30cm is a perfect size for everyday.. i'm 5'8 myself and i prefer 30cm!!!

4. I am 5'8" as well and find that 30 looks small on me (I can do with 32cm Kelly but that's the smallest I can go with an every day bag). JMHO.

5. Interesting! I'm 5'10 and very thin, I liked the 30 for everyday, especially with a small child often in tow. Hopefully more tall women will weigh in....

6. LV_Addict.. i use birkin35 ONLY if i'm going to another city by car and i needs lots of stuff.. butfor everyday 30cm is just perfect and compact!!!

7. I am 5'9" in shoes...medium+ build...much prefer the proportions of the 35 on me for "balance"...(takes away from slightly top-heavy frame)...

8. Melania Trump carries a 30cm birkin. She's quite tall and the 30birkin looks great on her. She could carry larger, but being in her station there's probably no reason to be carrying much other than her makeup and wallet. There are pictures of her in the Star & Hermes thread.

9. Pinkish, I think after toting JPG Birkin around, everything seems small in comparison. In all fairness though, I have never tried on a 30cm (only 25 and 35) so I won't say any more till I actually try one on.:smile:

10. That's the magic of the birkin design: the same size bag can look good us all. It looks much bigger when it carried open and the sides are folding out, so that's one way to scale it up or down.

11. I have *tried* on a 35 (wish I bought it too) and it looked perfect on me. I am 5'10 and also *tried* on a 30 and thought it was ok- but a bit too small for everyday for me. You are all the experts though!!

12. LV_Addict YOU MUST TRY IT!!!

13. I'm 5'7 and would love to get a 30. I tried on the 25 too and liked it a lot. :yes:

14. I'm 5ft 7 and 100 lbs, the 30cm looks fine on me :p

But my good friend (who is also a H addict) likes me better with a 35cm :nuts:

15. omfg, u are TALL :wtf: :wtf:
    Thats like super model height !!