spinach help please

1. ok so i have 2 10 oz bags of spinach my husband got it i wanted something else for a dish so what to do with 2 bags of spinach im not a big fan its fresh can i make a dip in a bread bowl

2. I know the dip you are talking about and I don't think fresh spinach will work real well. You could make a really great spinach salad. Just make sure to really trim the tough stalks. Or trim it and saute with garlic and a little balsamic vinegar.

3. You could make spanakopita! YUM!!!

4. With fresh spinach I usually do salad as well. Spinach Strawberry salad (I've also tried mangos, pomegranates seeds, pears, raspberry salsa, tangerines instead of the strawberry)

You can also sautee the fresh spinach in a pan with some butter or olive oil and it makes a really nice side dish with salmon. (keeping in mind that when you cook fresh spinach it decreases so much so make sure to adjust the salt properly, at the end or you'll end up with very salty spinach)

5. ^^^I do something similar with the spinach and it does go very well with salmon. I brown 1/4 cup of pine nuts in olive oil. Put aside. Then heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lightly brown a clove of garlic, sliced thin. Add the spinach and sautee until wilted. Transfer spinach to bowl and squeeze the juice of half a lemon. Add pinenuts and toss.

6. I use spinach in my stuffed shells. I follow the recipe for cheese stuffed shells on the back of the Meuller's Large Shells box, but I add chopped spinach. This makes a really good dinner!

7. thanks everyone

8. My boyfriend likes to make tofu and spinach lasagna. It's so good.

9. Wow.....I was going to respond, but my most favorite answer has been taken!! :yes: My husband and I love to sautee spinach in a little olive oil with roasted red pepper and onion, and serve it directly on top of grilled salmon. I'm sure a chicken breast would be great, too. But we love that meal, especially since we were getting tired of steamed spinach all the time...........

10. I'm a big fan of just the original spinach salad with a twist (baby spinach, pine nuts or toasted walnuts, and chevre!)

In addition to that, I'll toss it into pasta dishes towards the end of cooking so it just wilts a bit (if you feel like having a "bad" dinner, toss it in fettuccine with some cooked pancetta, either spinach or brocollini works well for this), but I can't stand it cooked down, so unless it's a recipe where it won't be cooked or too cooked, I don't use it ^^ Oh and it's good stuffed in a chicken breast with some other ingredients of your choice ^_^

11. Spinach always goes well in curry!
    :smile: Just steam it for about 3 minutes then add it to your fave curry sauce, it's lush and makes you feel less guilty about eating the curry!

12. You could make a great dip-- just saute the spinach before mixing in all the cold ingredients. Or, make a hot dip and add some artichokes. Either way would be good.

13. Brown diced onions, shallots, red peppers, and smoked turkey in olive oil. Add 2 cups of chicken broth and let it boil down to a gravy consistency. Then add the spinach and let it cook (on low) for about 4 minutes. Serve over brown rice.

14. i use it in place of lettuce in salads with a nice balsamic vinagrette.