spending money on an LV stupid??

What a wonderful hubbie you have!!
I know a few people who have told me I'm ridiculous for spending so much on "those ugly purses," but those same people sit and put their money in the gambling machine all night long. At least I can get my money back If I want to! :roflmfao:

deluxeduck said:
don't ever give a rat's hiney what other people think. whose money is it anyway?
Good philosophy!! I agree, if it makes you happy that is what is important. Personally (regarding landscaping) having additional trees to take care of does not make me happy!

some people grow up with nothing so they will have a hard time getting an item like this but fortunatly i grew up with vuitton i was given a vintage trunk from my grandmother even thought i dont get it till her passing witch hopefully will be far from now but even if you didnt grow up with vuitton, gucci,fendi,prada, etc its still something you can acquire

ps good luck with you wonderful bag may it last many wonderful years witch it deff will because it is build with high standards of quality

starbucksqueen said:
No. Life is too short. Enjoy your bags and learn not to worry too much about what other people think.:yes:
I agree AND can testify to this.
Don't let others dictate your life...you're here today and could be gone tomorrow without so much as an opportunity to do anything before you leave. You have to enjoy life today and NOW.

It's only stupid if you really can't afford it and you're buying bags just because someone else has them (friends, celebrities, etc.) and you're trying to "keep up" with them.
Otherwise, if YOU enjoy the bags and appreciate their longevity and beauty then no, it's not stupid.
It's your money..I hate when people try to tell you how to spend your money..they spend theirs their way and you spend yours your way. No one else should influence that but you.

please do not ever let anyone get you down about things you decide to buy or how you choose your money. It's your right and your happiness! Let their words roll off your back!

shani said:
It's only stupid if you can't afford it. :smile: Otherwise, it's your money to spend.
This is very true. Spending thousands on bags isn't exactly intelligent either but if u have the bases (food, shelter etc) covered, according to Maslow's hierachy of needs, some of us have to move on to aesthetics (LV bags are art form!) and self-actualisation.

Anyway some people are quite tactless but I m sure your relative didn't mean to hurt you:P

alvie223 said:
I've decided the people who are less than supportive of my possessions are really just jealous.
I've discovered that too. One of my "friends" once said, "You have one of those expensive purses, too? I just feel like pouring paint on those expensive bags.":rant: It's all jealousy. Enjoy your new bag and ignore the negative comments.:yes:

Thanks again to you all for your tremendous support!!! You guys are all great, and it means a lot to me. We love our LVs!!! (and the DHs who give them to us) or however we get them.

I hate how people will bring up charities and how they don't have that much money to spend on a bag. "Oh you could've donated that money to a charity rather than spend it on an over priced handbag etc etc." or "oh I wish I had that much money to throw away on a bag"

Excuse me? Unless you're paying my bills you don't have a say in where my money goes! And the only people who can say anything are my saint-worthy parents:angel: