speedy with shoulder strap

1. Hi,
    What do you think of using the shoulder strap with the speedy? I know it is not a thick strap but it does make it a useful option.
  2. Personally, I am not a fan of that look.
  3. I do not like straps on Speedys - IMO it totally takes away from its classic and elegant lines.

A speedy is not a shoulder or messenger bag.

And welcome to the Purse Forum! :flowers:
  4. Thank you
  5. Not a fan either...
  6. My mom used to use a strap with her Speedy when I was little and it never bothered me.
  7. I am not a fan of it either. I think that if you want a shoulder bag you should buy a shoulder bag not try and convert a handbag into a shoulder bag.
  8. I had one for my 30 and I loved it! It helps keep your handles clean too!
  9. I think it definitely adds to the usefulness. I wouldn't do it every day, but if you need to be hands-free (with small children, or traveling) I think it's a great option. I saw someone with a Speedy on a long strap crossbody at the airport once, and thought it looked fine.
  10. It is not my fav. look but I admit it is super useful:smile:
  11. I don't like how it looks when used with a shoulder strap, but sure, whatever makes you comfortable. :smile:
  12. i bought a monogram strap for my speedy just in case i need to travel again...i know it will come in handy but until then i will not use it yet.
  13. I'm not a fan either beacause a, it doesn't look good, and b, if you need a shoulderbag why buy a handheld bag?
  14. It could be mistaken as 'fake' :crybaby:
    Although you know it's not!

I saw a fake MC Alma with a strap. And the reason I knew it was a fake, is the whole patterern of the LV was off. :yucky:
  15. I don't think it looks good with a strap.:smile: